Tricky Situation Re: Talking Finasteride Or Using Hair Systems

Leauxi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Longtime lurker here. I'm hoping I can get you guys' input on what it's like to use a hair system, particularly for a young guy (I'm 24). Are any of you more on the introverted/self conscious side? I'm a bit concerned wearing will play on my mind 24/7...

I have a bit of hair, however thinning rapidly - & for health reasons (Lyme disease) I'm very hesitant to take Finasteride in case it worsens my condition.. & Minoxidil has stopped working
So watching my miniaturising hair fall out every every day is getting pretty depressing & stressful.
Hoping to find comfort in knowing others having been in similar shoes to mine, & have had success with hair systems.

Thanks in advance

Braf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair systems are the best.

Also - Hair Systems are expensive, and a pain in the f*****g ***.

Have a good job that isnt outside and learn to take care of your hair piece.

Good luck. Dont take finasteride ever.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is not the answer you want but I personally do both.

You have to accept that maybe you have come to Finasteride late, and now you have to wear a hair system. But it's common enough for men who bald to lose hair on their back and sides. This is what I take Finasteride to protect against

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took finasteride when I was younger and it really messed with my mind. I would never advise anyone to take it.

I now use Regaine for my sides. I'm not sure if it actually works but at least there aren't any discernible side effects. So far so good anyway.

Stubble

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in the same situation really. I'm 21 and NW3.5, although the vertex thinning is only visible when I buzz it to like 0.5cm. Here's a thread of mine with some pictures if you're interested. I've made the choice to not take Finasteride because I'm sure it'll play games in my head and I'll convince myself I have side effects. Been told I'll deeply regret this in a few years. Instead, I'm going straight to a poly hair system with a full bond, getting it ordered within the week. Anyway, just letting you know that you're not alone in your situation, there are other guys like you for sure.

Also, I noticed that you're using some ket in your regimen? There's plenty of that in my own regime too lad, but not every day just on Saturdays. ;)

Leauxi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in the same situation really. I'm 21 and NW3.5, although the vertex thinning is only visible when I buzz it to like 0.5cm. Here's a thread of mine with some pictures if you're interested. I've made the choice to not take Finasteride because I'm sure it'll play games in my head and I'll convince myself I have side effects. Been told I'll deeply regret this in a few years. Instead, I'm going straight to a poly hair system with a full bond, getting it ordered within the week. Anyway, just letting you know that you're not alone in your situation, there are other guys like you for sure.

Also, I noticed that you're using some ket in your regimen? There's plenty of that in my own regime too lad, but not every day just on Saturdays. ;)
Cheers for the reply mate, sounds like we're in a similar situation.
Well be definitely keen to see how your hair system works out, & how well you take to it.

Hahaha yeah there are a few things I'm my regimen, not just for hairloss