Triamcinoline scalp infiltration.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
So I just had an appointment with my derm here in Panama city. Turns out I like her better than my derm from the US, she is pretty chill and on top of that she is stunningly HOT.

Anyways, I commented I was still considering having a hair transplant in the future when I looked like krusty the clown and she basically said I should considerate that as last resort. She suggested me Triamcinoline scalp infiltration as the next step. Quite frankly I couldn't find much information about the procedure itself other than a couple of studies, including this one: http://www.medicaljournals.se/acta/content/?doi=10.2340/00015555-0643&html=1

Triamcinolone drug info: http://www.drugs.com/pro/triamcinolone-injection.html

According to her, this method was generally proposed to AA sufferers but she has been applying it to Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers with great success. The injection of Triamcinolone to the scalp has a very immediate effect unlike Triamcinolone creams and/or lotions; Within two to three months of treatment (divided in about 5-6 sessions as I understood) the results are visible. Reactions are different from person to person, most stop shedding excess with some experiencing successful regrowth and others show no improvement on miniaturized hairs but no further shedding either. Finasteride can be continued while on treatment.

So, what do you guys know about this? And what do you guys think? Sorry for the short and awkward read, I tried translating the basics from spanish to english. I should elaborate more next time but I'm heading work in 30 min.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Well if she's stunningly hot, then by all means go for it.:love: Jokes aside, this treatment option is completely off my radar and atm it frankly sounds sketchy. I would continue researching and also possibly interview any/as many patients who have undergoing this approach. Yes of course examine patients before and after photos if they are available. If she is offering something that is legitimate and she is professional then she should understand the merits of full doctor-patient transparency and this also means she will accommodate your interests and concerns without a challenge. Just some pointers I have found useful when treading through unchartered territory. Thanks for the intriguing share and I look forward to more insightful discovery from you as you see fit. Oh please, photos of the good doctor are also welcome. Lol. All the best.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
lol I appreciate your advice I.D, I will most definitely take my time researching before making any decision. Coming back to my thread again I think I mentioned all I know thus far, other than she also mentioned it was a bit painful.

At work, still searching and found this (note this is about the cream, not the injection): "Tell your doctor promptly if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: stretch marks, skin thinning/discoloration, acne, greatly increased hair growth, "hair bumps" (folliculitis)."
http://www.rxlist.com/triamcinolone-cream-side-effects-drug-center.htm

Funny how that is listed as a side effect, it seems people outside have been experimenting with some things. I'll get back to you guys once I find anything else.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
lol I appreciate your advice I.D, I will most definitely take my time researching before making any decision. Coming back to my thread again I think I mentioned all I know thus far, other than she also mentioned it was a bit painful.

At work, still searching and found this (note this is about the cream, not the injection): "Tell your doctor promptly if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: stretch marks, skin thinning/discoloration, acne, greatly increased hair growth, "hair bumps" (folliculitis)."
http://www.rxlist.com/triamcinolone-cream-side-effects-drug-center.htm

Funny how that is listed as a side effect, it seems people outside have been experimenting with some things. I'll get back to you guys once I find anything else.
Tell her to do us all a favor and to start a recorded trial herself. Take baseline pictures before the Triamcinoline applications, then take pics every month and see if it works. She mentioned that it was proposed for Alopecia Areata sufferers, do you know why this is the case? It seems that a lot lately seems to be pointing to some inherent fundamental connection between AA and Androgenetic Alopecia. Then again, we can just be going down a rabbit hole, but it wont' hurt for her to give us some decent pics and document her experiment.

I don't really understand why she would not do this herself, if she knows she has had some success, she should be documenting experimental treatments. I know would be doing that sort of things if I was getting success.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
Tell her to do us all a favor and to start a recorded trial herself. Take baseline pictures before the Triamcinoline applications, then take pics every month and see if it works. She mentioned that it was proposed for Alopecia Areata sufferers, do you know why this is the case? It seems that a lot lately seems to be pointing to some inherent fundamental connection between AA and Androgenetic Alopecia. Then again, we can just be going down a rabbit hole, but it wont' hurt for her to give us some decent pics and document her experiment.

I don't really understand why she would not do this herself, if she knows she has had some success, she should be documenting experimental treatments. I know would be doing that sort of things if I was getting success.

I have to agree with you. I'm very interested myself in getting some sort of document, maybe a PDF or something from the clinic (they must have studies, right?), I'll have a handful of questions along my USB port ready in my pocket for my next visit.

Based on my conversation this morning, I suspect the treatment alone worked just fine for AA but eventually realized combining the treatment with a DHT inhibitor would be successful, I mean, there must be more Androgenetic Alopecia clients than AA. If "greatly increased hair growth" for life would happen to AA, it would damn sure help for Androgenetic Alopecia just by taking additional dope. Anyone using Minoxidil for life better endure a few sessions of Triamcinolone and throw those cans to the trash.

If her response is similar to this first assumption I'm making, then we must be in for something. Fingers crossed that may be the proposal, otherwise we'll might have another case closed.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Good job for aptly doing your homework and great job for keeping our best interests in mind.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If "greatly increased hair growth" for life would happen to AA, it would damn sure help for Androgenetic Alopecia just by taking additional dope.
No, it wouldn't. We had three threads within the last 6 weeks on that. It just seems that nobody reads them, otherwise one would have sufficed.

AA matters aside, as a general anti-inflammatory agent it might still work for Androgenetic Alopecia. I'd say give it a try. And remember that regrowth effects can take up to 9 months to show.

inbrugge

Reaction score
I reckon any treatment directly injected to the scalp would work better than its cream version. It'd be interesting to see how CB would work under those conditions.