Treatments not working anymore

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello, havnt been here in a long while! Hope your all doing well?

I moved to the UK for the last 7 months and my hairloss situation wasnt bothering me in the slightest for most of that time. Unfortunatly though, I seem to have receded further. My temples have receded quite a bit in that time. I didnt really notice because I wasnt examining my hair at all. I have been talking 1/4 proscar everyday and using the foam twice a day. I rarely miss an application.
Initially, I thought I was responding very well to the treatments. I was regrowing some hair around the hairline. But I guess it just wasnt enough. I started treatments in January 2007 so I had hoped id maintain what I had for at least 5 years. Its starting to really get me down again.
I dont really have much of a reason to post this, I have done plenty of research and know that there isnt really anything more I can do. Im just kind of pissed off I suppose and venting.
Id like to hear from others in this situation and see what you have done about it. Shave it all off? Keep it short and neat? If a shaved head really dosnt suit you, what do you do then? Just get on with things and accept it? Or try out other things like dutasteride?

Thanks for reading

Beethoven

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man, sorry to hear that things aren't going well :(

What about adding topical antiandrogen like spironolactone/fluridil/flutagel/nizoral cream ?
I think it worth a shot. I tried the first two which were very effective for me, but unfortunatly I'm highly sensitive to sides so I had to stop. If you're using finasteride then you're probably more "immune" to sides than me, and you should try them, you'll probably won't have problems.

dutasteride is too risky IMHO, but again that's only my private opinion.

Good Luck!