Treatments and still itching like crazy

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while. Earlier this year i decided to start treatments; one at a time. First of the year used Rogaine, Added topical finasteride in June, moved to oral finasteride once i was comfortable and didn't feel any sides (Around end of July/August). Been on 1mg M/W/F. I dermroll once per week and Keto shampoo once per week.

I take some hair supplements on top of that. I'm on the big 3! BUT, my point is, my head still itches like crazy. My hair still shedding a lot. Some minor recession but nothing that would bother me if it wasn't diffused elsewhere / all over my scalp.

Additionally i feel like my eye brows thinned. Like if i just touch them at any given time 2-3 will come out. Same with my under arms - if i pull at those there's like 20. That being said i never, ever noticed before i started seeing hair loss on my scalp so maybe that's normal.

At any rate - i'm just frustrated that it's not slowing down. I guess I could move up to 1mg daily at some point and see if that does the trick. I'll likely do that after giving this some time.

I sought medical advise to see if there was something else to this on multiple occasions, got many tests/labs - nothing.

SnortingFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Levocetrizine an antihistamine.
Once or twice daily.

In general anti-histamines can calm an irritated scalp from Inflammation.

+ green tea, give it a try.

db135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had an itchy head before starting finasteride. It stopped itching pretty rapidly afterwards.

I stopped finasteride after a month due to sides and switched to my own topical. Itching has returned, which is making me wonder if its doing anything. However I'm dissolving it in ethanol and propylene glycol which can irritate skin so I don't really know.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had an itchy head before starting finasteride. It stopped itching pretty rapidly afterwards.

I stopped finasteride after a month due to sides and switched to my own topical. Itching has returned, which is making me wonder if its doing anything. However I'm dissolving it in ethanol and propylene glycol which can irritate skin so I don't really know.
its likely the topical is cloggin up yr follicles.. because itchiness is clogging.it shows that yr hair folicles are sensitive to clogging. this si why if u suffering from male pattern baldness its best not to use sulphate shampoos or conditioners...

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah im using cetrezine for it but it doesn't work that good.
Scalp itches like crazy from the days i started shedding and never stopped.