treatment recommendations (pics)

Devin The dude

Reaction score
im 23 and am seemilingly following in my Dads footsteps. He has a pretty thin crown with recession on the temples and no loss in the back area. The only saving grace I have is that my hair is pretty thick. I notice about 10 or 12 hairs falling out when i brush or shower. I've finially come here to get this part of my life under control.

keep in mind i am in the military and if i were to start a minoxidil treatment there is a good chance i could get deployed and make it nearly impossible to keep up on this treatement. hopefully it hasn't come to that yet..but i'll let you guys give me the news.

left.JPG

hairfront.JPG

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
your hair is pretty thick atm so i dont recommend minoxidil as yet, you should defo get on propecia if you want to keep your current hair and nizoral to clean that scalpe to deduce dht.

Devin The dude

Reaction score
cool. i'll definitely do that.

can i order like a bulk 1 year subscrition on the net? i'd rather save myself the self concious hell of going to a doctor.

just being honest

i also have neutrogena T gel. is that a viable alternative to Nizoral or should i just toss it?

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see a picture on the top, but from the looks of those two pictures I too would just recommend Propecia 1mg and Nizoral 2%.

Devin The dude

Reaction score
topandback.JPG

this is sort of the top and back of my hair.

like i said my hair is resonably thick...kinda like Tom Brady of the patriots. but there has definitely been a slow recession since i was 17. plus my forehead is naturally high so it sort of compounds the problem.

ideally i would like to maintain and see somer egrowth around my temple areas specifically. anything other than that is a bonus.

i just don't want to wait and get past the point of no return. i mean, it may never get that bad but i don't want to leave anything to chance.

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
That looks very thick. I'd stay off the Minoxidil and get Propecia.

Devin The dude

Reaction score
great...some good news.

i have two questions.

1. is there a possiblity i could save money by getting proscar and cutting them up in 5ths.

2. is there a cheap place to by propecia on the web. if so how much? money is getting tight.

again, thanks alot guys. you guys have really showed me that there is some hope.

also..the most recession i have is on the temple areas..this is obvioulsy an ominous sign, right? will propecia possibly fill that back in or is it going to be minoxidil?

sorry for the newb questions.

lynne

Reaction score
your hair is fine man. or at least it looks fine in your pictures. don't get on ANYTHING until ur sure you're losing it.

cochise

Reaction score
Devin,

You definitely can save $$ by getting proscar. My derm said to just 1/4 them and you could just miss the odd day.

smudge

Established Member
Reaction score
stupid questions here:

isn't the crown on the back of your head?

what is the difference between crown and vertex?

Devin The dude

Reaction score
yah im sorry vertex..im not well versed in a lot of the terminology.

yah my hair is fine i guess..i mean it's all relative, compared to some norwood 6 i've got it made..but it is definitely receding.

i'll look into the proscar thing..that sounds like the best alternative. i read on here that one guy just took it once every 5 days.

but again i ask..is there a place that is repuatable on the web where i can buy either proscar or propecia w/o a prescription. i'm already self concious about it and don't really wanna go to the DR's office

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the front of your hair looks like mine, the rest is a little thicker than mine however, and i would get on proscar man, just keep what you got and live your life. i wish i would have done it earlier.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Funny we ALL wish we would have done it earlier

Axon

Reaction score
Man, you're bald. Just give it up and shave it. :D

Seriously, you'd do well on a finasteride regimen. I use the generic and it's perfectly legitimate.