Treatment For Receding Hairline

Rambo321

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi
So I've noticed my hairline and temples recede significantly over the past 6 months (give or take) and am not sure whether I should use finasteride or minoxidil, I'm 18 btw.

Now my question is if I should use minoxidil or finasteride to treat/ regrow this lost hair. On both temples, the miniaturised hair is still clearly visible and I wanna know the best way to regrow this.
I've brought a months supply of finasteride 1mg, but am not sure if I should use it, firstly because of age (however I'm certain I'm done with puberty, full beard etc) and that I've read that minoxidil will be better at regrowing the miniaturised hair?
I basically need advice whether I should delay finasteride as hair loss is only frontal, and instead use minoxidil for the next year or so? Also will finasteride be able to regrow the miniaturised temple hair??
Thank you

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely use minoxidil.

Finasteride is high risk at such an early age as your bone plates are not yet closed. The increased estrogen might stunt your remaining growth.

Rambo321

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
About growth, I haven't grown taller in a few years, and am already taller than my father and my older brother. What's your opinion on that?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.
About growth, I haven't grown taller in a few years, and am already taller than my father and my older brother. What's your opinion on that?

I stopped growing vertically at 15, I did gain base strength afterwards. It's an issue you'd have to discuss with a doctor, whether or not you'd get taller.

My honest view, which is a minority view around here, is that finastride is high-risk. You don't want to develop permanent erectile dysfunction at age 18, at the start of college.

Suggestions:

1) Minoxidil for sure;
2) RU58851 or microdose of finasteride,

Is money an issue for you?

Rambo321

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regarding both minoxidil and finasteride, what'll be best to regrow the miniaturised temple hair as that is my main aim?? Like it has receded a lot recently and the left side is starting to catch up with the even worse right side...
RU seems a bit too much of a hassle due to the process of getting it, and I guess money will be an issue in a few months when I start uni haha
What dose does classify as micro dosing finasteride...and will such small doses be able to regrow miniaturised hair?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil is best for regrowth.

But you also need a means of stoping the continuing damage.

Imagine a forest fire destroys your forest. What's more important, stopping the fire or planting new trees?

Finasteride stops the fire.
Minoxidil plants new trees.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd rather say... minoxidil paints over the burn marks to make the shitty ol' tree look healthy again :)