Treatment for my hairline?

rearnaked

Reaction score
Hi,

My hairline has steadily got worse over the past 3 or so years. I'm 20 now, and it's really affecting me now, because it very much limits what I can do with my hair style. As far as I can tell it's full and thick everywhere apart from the hairline, which is just getting further and further back.

The only hair regrowth product I know of is Regaine, but I've read that the effects on the hairline are minimal, and that it works best on the crown.

Which products would you recommend to help regrow some of the hair that I've lost, and is it even possible to 'repair' the hairline without surgery?

TEDDYRUKSPIN

Reaction score
Jump straight to minoxidil. 5%.

It works when you are younger. My biggest mistake was at 19 years old when I used for over 3 years. I thought it was'nt make any difference and stopped. Straight away, I moved to norwood 1.5.

If your hair is not all dead at the temples, minoxidil can recover it.

Give it a try. Try using the less alcohol version as it can give you irritation on the scalp.

rearnaked

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

Now, is there a difference between minixidol and rogaine? Is rogaine just a branded version of it?

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "if the hair isn't dead it can be recovered". There doesn't appear to be any hair at all where it's receeding. I can't feel any, and I certainly can't see it.

Lastly, if I went on minixidol 5%, would I have to stay on it for life?

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Easiest way to say it rogain and minoxidil are the same thing with minoxidil solutions you have rogain and other brands you also can get them in Foam or liquid, both are similar some prefer foam since its easiest and quicker to dry though. Kirkland minoxidil liquid is popular and cheaper.

Its always tricky to explain but the way minoxidil works is if you still have hair near your hair line and at the front of your head then minoxidil may still save you yet !

The timing is the hardest and most important thing to get "right" I would say perhaps 90% of the guys on this forum are in the "Wish I used minoxidil before all my hairs fell out" moment.

Hair loss occurs quick or slow, but just before you notice your hairs getting smaller and smaller before the point of vanishing this is the "moment" you gotta apply that minoxidil on it WAY before this point!

And this is the double edge sword as I call it.... when you have hair you enjoy it, the next day you dont have hair and you then apply minoxidil and wait.... its too late!

In your case I cannot be 100% sure but you said you cannot feel the hair there any more? if you are sure there was hair there before then its possible your hairs are already lost meaning minoxidil may have less of a effect. Of course without trying minoxidil and being patient may still give you the results you want.

rearnaked

Reaction score
Okay, so you guy's recommed that I go straight onto minix/regaine 5%? I apply twice daily, is this all over my head or just directly on the areas where I need it?

Also, I was thinking about dying my hair fairly soon. I've read that dying your hair isn't bad for it, but would it be unadvisable whilst using minix?

Thanks.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't waste time and money by trying to use Rogaine just for something as difficult to treat as hair loss in the hairline. I'd give myself a lot more of a fighting chance by using Proxiphen for that.

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan is a shill for Proctor and his products-Proxiphen and NANO. He's been shill 'n spam'n the crap for 15+ years. There are plenty of doctors with hair loss products out there. With patents on their ingreds/products as well. In fact, one of those doctors..Dr. Lee..for all these years.. has been bashed and ridiculed and questioned by Bryan. Bryan wants us to just trust and believe Proctor because he's a Dr, but isn't consistent when it comes to other Drs and their products. There is no evidence for Proctor's/Bryan's claims or wishes. Not only has Proctor not said which specific cu peptides are used, but he and Bryan also talk about "mysterious ingredients" that are not in the ingreds list(s). Snake-oil talk that is supposed to get you even more excited about the products. The same goes for their- "better bang for the buck" talk regarding getting the non-prescription products from places outside of Proctor's website. They want you to believe those cheaper versions are lite/watered-down...are you really going to purchase a lite/watered-down version of a product for something so difficult to treat as male pattern baldness? Buy the "more potent" crap directly from Proctor and he makes a bit more money. And to top it all off...Bryan doesn't even use the products himself, and hasn't since he supposedly did so well on one of them probably 15 years ago! He's pushing crap he supposedly doesn't even use- so don't bother asking him for updated before/afters. For all the reasons above..he should have been laughed out of these forums years ago.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=72217&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=20

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=72201

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2 years ago i was Norwood 2 and my hairline is almost restored! hairline treatments: cb-03-01, asc j9, prescription proxiphen, AHK-Cu peptide-copper complex, rogaine foam, myristate rum, ru, neosh 101.

Swopo

Reaction score
israelite said:
2 years ago i was Norwood 2 and my hairline is almost restored! hairline treatments: cb-03-01, asc j9, prescription proxiphen, AHK-Cu peptide-copper complex, rogaine foam, myristate rum, ru, neosh 101.

I remember reading about your success and your comparison of the success to week 1 pictures. Congratulations!
But I don't remember you being NW2. Could you post a link to those pics?

tinytim30

Reaction score
israelite said:

bloody hell israelite how many products do we have to use for male pattern baldness?it must be costing you a fortune,is it worth it i would rather buzz all me hair off than use that lot.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
The thing that kills me about this kid is how does he know what works and what doesn't? You can't really recommend everything because people can't afford all of it.

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Swopo said:
israelite said:

I remember reading about your success and your comparison of the success to week 1 pictures. Congratulations!
But I don't remember you being NW2. Could you post a link to those pics?

thank you sir! here is a pic of my hair when it was nw2

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=71216&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tinytim30 said:
israelite said:

bloody hell israelite how many products do we have to use for male pattern baldness?it must be costing you a fortune,is it worth it i would rather buzz all me hair off than use that lot.

i forgot to mention latanoprost. if u are on a fixed income latanoprost+ asc j9+ AHK-Cu peptide-copper complex.

those 3 topicals will cost u a total of 30 dollars per month!

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairline pic

Attachments

• week23,11.jpg
    week23,11.jpg
    763.4 KB · Views: 173

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
israelite said:

Where did you get the AHK-CU peptide-copper complex???

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
LookingGood! said:
israelite said:

Where did you get the AHK-CU peptide-copper complex???
In a group buy. I plan on adding the most potent topical to my regimen! It will grow hair where ever applied.