Treatment alternative to 'Ashley and Martin' in Australia

grate888

Reaction score
I have been going to Ashley and Martin for the past 5 years. I paid several thousand for the initial program (around 6 months) but now just buy supplies as needed.

My current regime is minoxidil 5% with retinoic acid 0.01%. I apply 1ml every 2nd day. I also take 1 saw palmetto capsule (1000mg) per day. My results have been good and I want to continue using the products/regime but would now like to source the products myself.

The Ashley and Martin clinic charge as follows (Australian dollars):

$195 for 100ml of the solution (minoxidil 5% with retinoic acid 0.01%)
$35 for 30 saw palmettos capsules.

Over the years I have been happy to pay this but all of a sudden the consultant at Ashley and Martin wants me to go on another type of plan and pay for a whole heap of products up front. They want me to pay for 7 bottles of the solution and 13 bottles of saw palmetto up front and they then distribute it to me on an as needs basis. It will take me 3 years to use 7 bottles of their solution, so it’s effectively a 3 year contract. I don’t want to do this nor do I want to pay this up front. With their slight discount this equals around $1570. I have a new mortgage to take care of and really can’t afford this cost upfront.

I can get a doctor to prescribe minoxidil 5% with retinoic acid 0.01% but where Australia can I order it from? I live in Adelaide, South Australia. Anyone know of any Pharmacies that can do this prescription? I trust the pharmacies in Australia and would prefer not to order from overseas.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Mate

Do some searching on this forum for the products and online and you will find that you can get your whole year's regimen for about $1000 AUD.

I am an Aussie that used A&M initially and can only say that while their products may be decent quality, they are a total rip off.

Go to your GP / dermatologist and get a prescription for Proscar (5mg Finasteride) - 3 packs will last you a year.

Search online for the 5% Minoxidil you want, generic brands are the cheapest, Rogaine and Dr Lee are expensive (but Dr Lee has the 0.01 Retinoic Acid).

Search online healthstores for Saw Palmetto capsules and buy them way cheaper there.

Otherwise, get your shampoo and other supplement products online.

Use this forum and then use Google!!

Def

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Treatment alternative to 'Ashley and Martin' in Australi

grate888 said:
$195 for 100ml of the solution (minoxidil 5% with retinoic acid 0.01%)

motherfuckers

powersam

Reaction score
mate buy the two individually.

120ml of 5% minoxidil is about $35, cheaper if you buy on internet.
get a derm to prescribe a 0.025% solution of retinoic acid and use them individually. a far better solution because you can slowly phase in the retin-a which will be much better for your scalp health.

FAR cheaper than paying for them together, and in my opinion also more effective.

i'm in sydney by the way.