Treatmens for excessive arm pit sweating?

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone here suffer from very sweaty armpits? It's a pain in the ***, I do tend to sweat quite excessively. Anyone know/use any decent treatments? I have heard that Certain Dry is good?

Jacob

Reaction score
Do you currently use antiperspirants? If so(and even if not I guess)...you may not like this advice....and it may not even work...but use something that doesn't clog 'n block your pits for awhile. Some products, especially stick products..actually made it worse for me. I currently use this product: http://www.barneys.com/Aesop-Deodorant/00505009686472,default,pd.html Pricey but it works...smells great- it's my cologne on the days I use it. Which is most days. It's not an antiperspirant..but even on the (and working in the) hottest days I'm not sweating in the pits much.

I've tried those crystal products- rocks..sprays..etc. Didn't work well for me at all. Freelife also has a Zinc ricinoleate-based one that worked- wasn't crazy about smelling like lavender though. Also tried a roll-on that contains it but that also didn't work.

Certain Dry would probably work..but it's masking...err...covering the problem imo. Also isn't the healthiest option.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea I use antiperspirants, that could make sense. Do you think that it makes it worse because your sweat glands get clogged up then over compensate by sweating more?

Jacob

Reaction score
I'm not sure if that's the reason..certain products did work for me- kept me dry. Others, especially the stick ones..didn't work and seemed to make things worse. Besides blocking up your pits being a bit..unnatural...there's the aluminum problem with most antiperspirants.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if that's the reason..certain products did work for me- kept me dry. Others, especially the stick ones..didn't work and seemed to make things worse. Besides blocking up your pits being a bit..unnatural...there's the aluminum problem with most antiperspirants.

Whats the issue with aluminum?

Jacob

Reaction score
There are so many things that one has to wonder why they're approved and/or still being used..etc.

BlackSheep

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, sweating is a symptom, and many things can cause it.

Rather than masking the symptom with things like antiperspirants, it'd be much more beneficial for you in the long run to address the root cause.

All sorts of common (and rare) things may cause increased sweating. Common include stuff like anxiety, social phobias and medications. Rare include tumours (phaeochromocytoma, acromegaly). Not insinuating anything, just relaying what the literature says on the topic.

For me, the increased sweating was always the result of social anxiety. I feel men in modern society have been conditioned to "conform" and lock down our natural aggressive/outreaching tendencies. As a child, looking back, I was always told off for misbehaving and the like.

Only recently have I come to terms with the years of anxious conditioning I've gone through as part of "growing up" in Western societies and that consciousness has already made me sweat far less, and it's even improved my general health already. I've gone without using asthma inhalers for 7 days cold turkey without a single wheeze.

Just some food for thought. You're your best physician. I hope you can identify what the cause of the sweating is, overcome it, and evolve out of it.