TRAVOPROST

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
http://www.google.com/patents?hair ...airloss&printsec=abstract#v=onepage&q&f=false

was this discussed here ? ( the patent is dated july 2010)

cuebald

Reaction score
Sounds like another med from the same leaf as Brimatoprost (Latisse), which works on eyelashes and shows promise as a growth stiumator a la Minoxidil.
First thing I've ever heard about Travoprost though.

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
waynakyo,

I've heard of Travoprost, but from what I remember it was used to reduce pressure in the eye. Is this the same medication?

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
travaprost is a prostaglandin based medication meant to reduce intra ocular pressure

Reaction score
There a 2011 PATENT to release a product containing difluoroprostaglandin.

The present invention provides a new pharmaceutical application of a 15,15-difluoroprostaglandin F 2+- derivative. As a result of intensive studies in order to find a new pharmaceutical application of a 15,15-difluoroprostaglandin F 2+- derivative, it was found that, in a European Phase III clinical, trial for tafluprost, one of the 15,15-difluoroprostaglandin F 2+- derivatives, with patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension, tafluprost has actions of growing eyelashes, making eyelashes thicker, and changing the color thereof, that is, has an effect of promoting the growth of hair (eyelashes). Therefore, a 15, 15-difluoroprostaglandin F 2+- derivative is useful as a hair growth promoting agent, and is expected to be useful as an active ingredient of a preventive or therapeutic agent for a disease associated with hair such as alopecia and a hair care product or a hair cosmetic product for regrowing hair, growing hair, increasing hair density, nourishing hair, or the like.

Here is an extrat of the study using the Latanoprost, same as travaprost or tafluprost etc... :

Study