Transplanted hair that grew and stay at constant length, years after hair transplant?

tommyb

Reaction score
Though I am quite happy with the two hair transplant's I have done, there exist a few (10-20) transplanted hair that grew from my first procedure and which, however, stay at constant length of less than 1 cm in my hairline. I did 2 FUE surgeries (NO Body hair)of around 2500 grafts totally. Even if I cut my hair very short, these hairs will grow until that point and then stay constantly at that length. Also, there is slight redness at this area even 3 years after my first surgery. The good thing is that everything mentioned is completely unnoticeable to strangers and hidden by my 2nd surgery.

I heard somewhere that resuming a lot of minoxidil 5% after the transplant (3-4 days) in the transplanted area might cause serious damage to the grafts, ending in improper regrowth and redness.

Does anybody know why this could be happening? :roll:

GeminiX

Reaction score
Hi Tommy,

I *think* it's common, I believe I experienced the same thing.

Even up to about 20 months after my transplants I noticed some hairs were just a bit weird, strange texture, not really growing etc. After about 2 years though pretty much everything looks and feels normal.

Are you seeing improvement over time and less and less 'funky' ones?

tommyb

Reaction score
Hello GeminiX,
no its been 3 years and they stay at the same length. Its really weird