Transplantation to increase hair density

Nati_l2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I am 33 years old, have been using rogaine foam for 6 years. At first there were perfect results (also the young age did its thing) but little by little genetics wins and Rogaine doesn't help the most. I am interested in a transplant beyond the repair of the line, which will also increase the density significantly. I went to a hair transplant consultation here in my country, to a doctor who works with the fue method, I asked the doctor if he would succeed in transplanting between existing follicles and he said that he transplants on all the hair without considering the existing follicles for the reason that my hair is already sick and sooner or later it may fall out, therefore preventing in advance a situation where The hair will fall out and the hair will be thin again. He also said that he thinks the existing hair will grow back (which somewhat contradicts what he said). I wanted to ask if in my situation (my pictures are here) and to reach a higher density do I need to transplant between existing hair or run over existing hair? Because everywhere they say something different and it's already confusing. In my opinion, my hair can last for many more years and I prefer not to harm the existing follicles even if in 10 years they will weaken... what's more, if they manage to get in between them, the result will be much denser.

Attachments

• IMG_6875.jpeg
    IMG_6875.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6878.jpeg
    IMG_6878.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6881.jpeg
    IMG_6881.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6883.jpeg
    IMG_6883.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 53

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get on finasteride and don't do any procedure. Your hair looks fine and waiting another few years will give you a better idea were your hair loss will be.

Nati_l2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I am 33 years old, have been using rogaine foam for 6 years. At first there were perfect results (also the young age did its thing) but little by little genetics wins and Rogaine doesn't help the most. I am interested in a transplant beyond the repair of the line, which will also increase the density significantly. I went to a hair transplant consultation here in my country, to a doctor who works with the fue method, I asked the doctor if he would succeed in transplanting between existing follicles and he said that he transplants on all the hair without considering the existing follicles for the reason that my hair is already sick and sooner or later it may fall out, therefore preventing in advance a situation where The hair will fall out and the hair will be thin again. He also said that he thinks the existing hair will grow back (which somewhat contradicts what he said). I wanted to ask if in my situation (my pictures are here) and to reach a higher density do I need to transplant between existing hair or run over existing hair? Because everywhere they say something different and it's already confusing. In my opinion, my hair can last for many more years and I prefer not to harm the existing follicles even if in 10 years they will weaken... what's more, if they manage to get in between them, the result will be much denser.
Get on finasteride and don't do any procedure. Your hair looks fine and waiting another few years will give you a better idea were your hair loss will be.
I tried taking for 8 days a few years ago, but experienced side effects and decided to stop.

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried taking for 8 days a few years ago, but experienced side effects and decided to stop.

It is pointless having a transplant without taking finasteride. Your hair loss will progress over time and any transplanted hair on the hairline will remain, giving you a ridiculous look.

Brentconroy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your experience. I've encountered a similar issue with hair thinning on my head. The information you provided is genuinely helpful to me.