transplant yesterday

teacher

Reaction score
Just had one yesterday..the scar is driving me crazy..hard to find a decent sleeping position etc..cant wait till i can wash my scalp...had around 1700 grafts done ..

no swelling so i guess im lucky there..was done here in australia by dr jennifer martinick, who is very well thought of i believe worldwide..

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
teacher said:
Just had one yesterday..the scar is driving me crazy..hard to find a decent sleeping position etc..cant wait till i can wash my scalp...had around 1700 grafts done ..

no swelling so i guess im lucky there..was done here in australia by dr jennifer martinick, who is very well thought of i believe worldwide..

I hear you man its a pain to sleep. I had to sleep at 45 degree angle to help with my swelling. Even today which it will be 2 weeks monday hurts when i get up from the staples in my head. "they come out Monday, cant wait.

Hope all went with your procedure.

teacher

Reaction score
yup i guess its all worthwile in the long run..forums like this are great as you dont feel like the only one suffering.. :D

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
I had surgery of 2000 grafts done on Friday...I was given a salen spray to keep my grafts moist. I assumed this is to help the healing process until I can first run water through my hair but it takes away any itchy sensation. I've had no swelling and no pain. I took paracetamol for the first 24 hours for the donor area and have got plenty of sleep.

Some of my existing hair was trimmed on top to allow access to place the grafts so I am a little concerned I will look a bit worse initially.

teacher

Reaction score
ah that might have been a good idea for me as well...fortunately today i can use a dettol type wash as the head around the scar and grafts is starting to get a little itchy at times..

mind you its summer here and im usually down the beach a lot but no sun allowed on scalp for 2 weeks now and no sweating which can cause infection.

i should have done this in winter.

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
teacher said:
ah that might have been a good idea for me as well...fortunately today i can use a dettol type wash as the head around the scar and grafts is starting to get a little itchy at times..

mind you its summer here and im usually down the beach a lot but no sun allowed on scalp for 2 weeks now and no sweating which can cause infection.

i should have done this in winter.

yea they want me away from animal hair to because it may cause infection. At the moment i am staying with my sister and she has 2 hugr dogs that shed.

teacher

Reaction score
do this dont do that..one way road to paranoia i reckon...i am starting to get the boy in the plastic bubble syndrome :)

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Goodluck!

I'm sure this is really going to show.

However, you might need one more transplant later on to fill in the density.

Keep us updated!

teacher

Reaction score
i agree totally..as a norwood 4 i think 2 transplants is pretty much standard ,considering my sun damage isnt great for megasessions as such.

brett

Mahair

Established Member
Reaction score
Make sure you ice ALOT. You don't want permenent wrinkles on your face from eccessive swelling. Good luck.

G

I think you guys are going to be just fine and I don't think the dog hair thing will hurt you. The best is ahead of you now, SOME COOL GROWTH!!! :hairy:

Keep us in the loop!