transplant question

hurricom

Reaction score
Can you get a hair transplant if you're beginning to thin? That is, can a Doctor simply implant hair in a thinning area without shaving the patient's head?

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hurricom said:
Can you get a hair transplant if you're beginning to thin? That is, can a Doctor simply implant hair in a thinning area without shaving the patient's head?

Probably a bad idea because hair transplant tends to cause shock fallout of the surrounding area, so you'd only be speeding up your hairloss. Even my butcher recommended I wait until I had lost more hair...

fnlostish

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a hair transplant approx. 1.5 years ago...

Things were awesome for quite sometime; but then the original hair begin to shed.

The hair still looks pretty darn good; but a tough call ...

You hate to wait until you are slick on top before you go under the knife.
But then again - you have to take into consideration that shedding may
continue and what will things slook like.

Were it me --i'd GO FOR IT and get on a good regimen to preserve and possibly regrow things ;)

G

The most honest and ethical advice you can receive right now is medicinal, not surgical. Are you on hairloss meds right now like finasteride?

G

if your hairloss is in evolution, especially with a general thinning, it's not a good idea an hair transplant at this stage

hurricom

Reaction score
I tried Propecia and Rogaine , but I quit after terrible sheds. I don't think I have the guts to go through sheds like that again, which is why I'm considering a hair transplant.