transplant question apparently this needs more words written

aem

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am new to hair transplant area and have only had one consult with a surgeon thus far
I was wonderi ng if it is normal for a surgeon to transplant three hairs at a time as a clump
o r should it rather be two / one hair at a time :s I am worried that hair li ne could look artificial

Last edited:

WallaceMa76

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is normal. As a matter of fact, surgeons have a break down of single, double, triple hair grafts (sometimes called 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's) that you can obtain after your surgery. Singles or 1's are reserved for hairline work; they are also the grafts that have the lowest survival rate. The key is to select a proper surgeon. One that is meticulous in selecting and harvesting grafts from your donor and just as meticulous in placing grafts into your recipient area.

Who did you consult with and what region of the world are you from?

aem

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi there thank s for all th e i nformation
I am from Australia and I have consulted with two different places thus far
Dr Freedman from Elite hair cli nic who recommends around 4400 hair transplant for me
and a place called Gro I cant remember doctors name
Gro has multiple doctors at their location and you could have any one of them on th e day

Dr Freedman has been around for longer , though Gro says that they have above 90 % rtention success rate of transplanted follicles
a
where as other places have significantly lower rate , they what they claim anyway , I am not sure which one to go with :s

Last edited:

WallaceMa76

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would skip Gro right off the bat. When a clinic has multiple doctors on site, they are a hair mill. Also, when a clinic starts quoting retention success, I know something is fishy. I mean, if you were in the market for a house and they start quoting numbers, it tells you the same thing. The merits of the house cannot be seen. The merits of the surgical results can't be seen. Always rely upon patient reviews. Also, what they are describing is typically called "yield", not "retention". You're welcome.

Since Thailand is close you to, you should consider Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong of the Absolute Clinic. Excellent pricing, plus they do PRP treatments as a part of the procedure. I would consider Dr. Laorwong an elite Jedi Master, though I've only recently stumbled upon him but admire his skill tremendously. He can work on all ethnicities. His FUE extraction leaves donors looking untouched. He is aggressive with his hairlines. His graft placement is random and nature made. His yield is excellent. But don't take my word for it. Google him, check out his Youtube channel, look at patient reviews, and get yourself a consultation.

aem

My Regimen
Reaction score
thank you for all that i nformation
its just d ifficult to travel atm cause of covid legislation for m y particular state very restrictive
is there really not anyone decent for th e whole of australia ?

WallaceMa76

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sure there are good hair transplant surgeons in AU. I just haven't seen any in my research. Try to be patient a little bit longer for those restrictsion to lift. And really look long and hard at Dr. Laorwong. He is really good. If you can wait for things to clear up, he is the best nearest option for you.