Transplant Opinion - Had First Consultation Today

flackojodye

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I had my first consultation today with a surgeon around my area. Would appreciate a little feedback.

I told him my concerns and he drew what he thought would fit based on what I told him, wanting to thicken the hairline and bring corners in some and after he showed me it was what I was thinking.

Below here is a rough version of what he drew for me also, looks trash here cause I just did it on my phone but the way we have it is pretty what my hairline has been for last 5 years just thinned a lot recently and I want save my hairline while I can because the front has thinned a lot recently.

He told me it would only take about 600 grafts (fairly decent price too FYI) to thicken and bring it in some right now BUT he only peforms the traditional FUT procedure as he has done it for 20 years (his work I saw he did a very good job). Obviously with that procedure the scar is my main concern and question and he said with my back density and the amount I need it would be a fairly small scar.

Any feedback based on the story I would appreciate it as I'm trying to decide pros and cons of it.

Thanks!

Ps. Been on finasteride and minoxidil for 2 years.

Attachments

• IMG_9106.jpg
    IMG_9106.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 161

Obesecat

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn’t touch FUT for 600 grafts. Go find a good fue surgeon. Not worth the scar unless your transplanting 6k+ per session.

To be perfectly honest that few grafts isn’t even really worth a surgery. You really won’t get noticeable improvement. Waste of money in my opinion.

Honestly your Doctor sounds like a quack. Never heard of a 600 graft FUT procedure being done. Too little improvement too much risk

Who is your Doctor?