"transplant Of Own Cells Helps Balding Patients Regenerate Hair"

gdub

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone let me know if this is the breakthrough we've been looking for?

Transplant of own cells helps balding patients regenerate hair
By MASATOSHI TODA/ Staff Writer

March 26, 2020 at 18:26 JST
In the latest hope for people troubled by hair loss and thinning hair, researchers have successfully generated hair by transplanting patients' own hair cells into their scalps.

Ryoji Tsuboi, head of the Department of Dermatology at Tokyo Medical University Hospital, worked with Toho University and cosmetics giant Shiseido Co. to boost hair growth by transplanting cells that stimulate hair generation into the scalp.

“The result of our study was very encouraging,” Tsuboi said. “We were able to show that the study could help develop a new treatment for hair loss.”

The researchers collected skin tissues of 50 men and 15 women from the back of their heads and took out special cells inside a hair follicle from the tissues to culture and modify the cells.

The scientists injected those cells into the scalp of the participants of the study and measured the extent of hair regeneration after one year.

The researchers said they confirmed that the density and diameter of hair increased where the cells were transplanted, with the density rising by up to about 8 percent.

Hair loss associated with aging is the most frequent occurrence and has a great impact on people's quality of life.

Many patients with hair loss linked to aging are treated with medicine in Japan. However, patients undergoing this treatment need to regularly take medicine and there are limited treatment options available for female patients.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if using a cocktail of everything known to increase density with single digits percentage would be cumulative and account for the sum of the parts greater than individual gains

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if using a cocktail of everything known to increase density with single digits percentage would be cumulative and account for the sum of the parts greater than individual gains
Great question, and the answer should be yes, though the speed of recovery will be governed by the speed at which follicles can physically recover. This is the basis of the PG protocol--attack ALL possible pathways.

Wispy

My Regimen
Reaction score
8% increase. 1 hair x 1.08 = this will give me 1.08 hairs. Moving on.

Don't knock it so fast; if you're just starting to thin and this is a easy, accessible feature, 8% more is enough to keep one in high spirits, no?

Can someone let me know if this is the breakthrough we've been looking for?.
''

My guess? No. But it'll be a welcome relief for quite a few, especially maybe younger people who are just starting to thin.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
You look at this the wrong way. If this gives maintenance for a reasonable time then this is amazing news.

Even for higher Norwood's this good news, nobody needs to swallow hormonal poison anymore and you can fill up the rest with FUE's.

And let's be honest most treatments do not regrow big amounts of hair, not even duta.

For real. As I get older I can tolerate anti-androgens less and less, and I'm only 28. Already destroyed by these shitty drugs, can't take no more. Give me maintenance without hormones even if I have to fly to Japan every 9 months. I'll pay for it in a heartbeat.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fact is, oral finasteride alone can keep ur hair status quo for atleast 10 years and probably beyond. Whichs means that only the most agressive cases might not be able to keep their hair, in the long term. Combined with hair transplants this is already almost a cure, given that u should start treatment not beyond nw2.5 and preferably at nw2. If ur a good minoxidil responder this will even further increase ur chances. Going bald is mostly a choice these days.

max310

Established Member
Reaction score
Omg will I get 8 hairs!!!.

I’m so excited I will cry!!!!!

At last... my dream come true.. let me book my trip baby we gonna bang pu**y tonight. Let the wind play with ‘em 8 hairs. I’m crying already!.

suck my toe!.

gdub

My Regimen
Reaction score
Another stupid question: If the treatment becomes available; for 8% gain, how much would you expect to pay? $10K to 15K?

wislow9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only 8% < PRP and Rigenera = More sh*t , treatments that dont work if you have an aggressive Androgenetic Alopecia
And they said that Replicel would heal Androgenetic Alopecia in 2018 ............

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Only 8% < PRP and Rigenera = More sh*t , treatments that dont work if you have an aggressive Androgenetic Alopecia
And they said that Replicel would heal Androgenetic Alopecia in 2018 ............

I am honestly surprised that scientists can make such claims and ever more so people believe what they say. Scientists are not politicians