transplant/ minoxidil

supernova

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're a diffuse thinner and minoxidil dependent AND then get a hair transplant, will the new transplanted hair then become minoxidil dependent...or will it not since it wouldn't actually need it but just comes in contact with it...

Any ideas?

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
supernova said:
If you're a diffuse thinner and minoxidil dependent AND then get a hair transplant, will the new transplanted hair then become minoxidil dependent...or will it not since it wouldn't actually need it but just comes in contact with it...

Any ideas?

Look, the new hairs from the back/sides of your hair will NEVER fall out due to male pattern baldness. So no, they will not get dependant on minoxidil since they will grow anyway. You will have those hairs for life, DHT will never break 'em down :hairy:

G

supernova said:

Any ideas?

I'm just what you described.

I have diffuse hair. Not at the back, but on the entire top scalp. I use minoxidil all over and have asked several times about usng minoxidil after a hair transplant.

I think you have to use it, even if you use it over the transplanted grafts, that are mixed in between the diffuse thinning.