Transplant Doctors; Stay Local Or To Travel?

Antony21

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, hope you're all well :)

I currently reside in Australia, and may be looking at getting a transplant.

A lot of old forums suggest that there is no where truly reputable here, and my best bet is to travel (i've heard of some really great clinics in Canada, and one in Thailand).

Just wondering if anyone could share their experiences, and advise me if this is correct?

Cheers :)

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, hope you're all well :)

I currently reside in Australia, and may be looking at getting a transplant.

A lot of old forums suggest that there is no where truly reputable here, and my best bet is to travel (i've heard of some really great clinics in Canada, and one in Thailand).

Just wondering if anyone could share their experiences, and advise me if this is correct?

Cheers :)

Also an Aussie. This truly is one of the shittest Western nations in the world for hair transplants. I went to Erdogan in Turkey.

I assume you're thinking about FUT if you're mentioning Thailand and Canada. Dr. Path who is the big one in Thailand in my opinion is past his prime and overpriced. If price isn't a big issue then Rahal and Hasson from Canada are among your best FUT options.

Depends on your norwood and overall situation though, if your donor is strong and hairloss not extensive then I'd opt for FUE, Erdogan in Turkey and Maras in Cyprus worth looking at. Different doctors more suited to different levels of loss however.