Transitioning From finasteride To dutasteride Thread: Advice, Experiences, Veterans, Etc.

nyhair19

Established Member
Reaction score
The data of statistically insignificant correlation between Dutasteride and prostate cancer are outdated. Later longitudinal research has shown that dutasteride is protective and reduces the risk of prostate cancer.

Yeah I saw that as well. I was worried about the fact that DHT inhibitors may have been covering up prostate cancers with high Gleason Scores (more serious). This was just one or two studies I believe, and it didn't seem to be that probably by any means. I didn't find research that elaborated on this further, but I did see a lot of the studies suggesting dutasteride prevents prostate cancer.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been of finasteride for 7 years, switched to duta, works much much better.

Just my experience.

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Y I was worried about the fact that DHT inhibitors may have been covering up prostate cancers with high Gleason Scores (more serious). This was just one or two studies I believe, and it didn't seem to be that probably by any means. I didn't find research that elaborated on this further, but I did see a lot of the studies suggesting dutasteride prevents prostate cancer.
pay attention to p-values and CIs, a lot depennds on how a certain research design is empowered to achieve a statistically significant correlation

Kaue carrera

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been of finasteride for 7 years, switched to duta, works much much better.

Just my experience.

does anyone know, what is the best way to migrate from finasteride to dutasteride?

some say to drop one and start another,

others say to take it together until dutasteride enters the system and starts working.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
does anyone know, what is the best way to migrate from finasteride to dutasteride?

some say to drop one and start another,

others say to take it together until dutasteride enters the system and starts working.

Take them together for a month or so.