Transdermally deliverable pentapeptide for activating AdipoR1 to Promote Hair Growth

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Discovery of a transdermally deliverable pentapeptide for activating AdipoR1 to promote hair growth - PubMed (nih.gov)

Abstract​

Alopecia induced by aging or side effects of medications affects millions of people worldwide and impairs the quality of life; however, there is a limit to the current medications. Here, we identify a small transdermally deliverable 5-mer peptide (GLYYF; P5) that activates adiponectin receptor 1 (AdipoR1) and promotes hair growth. P5 sufficiently reproduces the biological effect of adiponectin protein via AMPK signaling pathway, increasing the expression of hair growth factors in the dermal papilla cells of human hair follicle. P5 accelerates hair growth ex vivo and induces anagen hair cycle in mice in vivo. Furthermore, we elucidate a key spot for the binding between AdipoR1 and adiponectin protein using docking simulation and mutagenesis studies. This study suggests that P5 could be used as a topical peptide drug for alleviating pathological conditions, which can be improved by adiponectin protein, such as alopecia.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Discovery of a transdermally deliverable pentapeptide for activating AdipoR1 to promote hair growth - PubMed (nih.gov)

Abstract​

Alopecia induced by aging or side effects of medications affects millions of people worldwide and impairs the quality of life; however, there is a limit to the current medications. Here, we identify a small transdermally deliverable 5-mer peptide (GLYYF; P5) that activates adiponectin receptor 1 (AdipoR1) and promotes hair growth. P5 sufficiently reproduces the biological effect of adiponectin protein via AMPK signaling pathway, increasing the expression of hair growth factors in the dermal papilla cells of human hair follicle. P5 accelerates hair growth ex vivo and induces anagen hair cycle in mice in vivo. Furthermore, we elucidate a key spot for the binding between AdipoR1 and adiponectin protein using docking simulation and mutagenesis studies. This study suggests that P5 could be used as a topical peptide drug for alleviating pathological conditions, which can be improved by adiponectin protein, such as alopecia.
Yikes. This sounds very, um, 2024 if we had any idea what any of the above means. Anything inducing more anagen would be welcome as would things similar to stem cell renewal. Otherwise, eh....

"Promotes hair growth" sounds pretty vague sort of like laser and Nutrafol and placental factors in terms of largely meaning little to nothing.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this peptide something a guy could get a hold of somewhere?
Lol. You guys will try anything except things that actually work. What if your dick falls off like happens with um finasteride but never to me and I remain ahem respectable down there with my lovely long locks and all, 'cept when it's cold or I walk around naked but I can't see anyway cause the 38C's block my vision and I keep running into things and I lost 30 pounds and they ain't getting any smaller and if I lose any more weight, in terms of forward ballast, Janey might just fall flat on her face with her ahem, scrawny *** up so to speak and that's so awkward at times. MtF tip to the gals, always wear your nylon granny panties as this is the height of MtF style related to underpants and yes we love them. Try it, "guys" but only in private cause your wife/girlfriend won't like it unless she's a tranny or gay male....