Totally confused???

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I was talking about really old people. The human body was not designed to live past 45 or 50. You can see the big change after 60. Medical science has extended life when it shouldn't have. The result is a rotting body that just keeps living.

So old people aren't normal now? Sorry, I just think you are using psuedo-scientific generalizations to justify your prejudice/hatred for old people. Growing old is just a fact of life.... our bodies start to decline around our early thirties (in general) so does that mean we must commit suicide before we hit forty? It's like you think old, fat, ugly (unstylish) people don't have a soul or something.

SurveenA4

Reaction score
the thing that gone can not be recovered. but being bald is not so bad. But using a wig is not looks good.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
So old people aren't normal now? Sorry, I just think you are using psuedo-scientific generalizations to justify your prejudice/hatred for old people. Growing old is just a fact of life.... our bodies start to decline around our early thirties (in general) so does that mean we must commit suicide before we hit forty? It's like you think old, fat, ugly (unstylish) people don't have a soul or something.

I am not saying they should commit suicide. They just shouldn't let medical science extend their life. Let nature take its course as intended.. Having a soul doesn't have anything to do with it.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not saying they should commit suicide. They just shouldn't let medical science extend their life. Let nature take its course as intended.. Having a soul doesn't have anything to do with it.

What you are saying is correct. Modern medicine has taken what is supposed to be a natural lifespan of about 45 to 90+. Unfortunately "quality" of that life does not run at the same pace, but quality is perception as well.
Dont explain yourself, I think there are a few people who prefer to take a political approach to debate, IE, put words in your mouth instead of just stating their opposite opinion and NOT having angry "you're awful" feelings after. People need to realise we dont all agree, thats what makes talking fun, otherwise we would each say one sentence, agree and STARE at each other for hours.... uck.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Damn, Swingline! You'd have me dead in 3 years using those numbers! I want to live!!!:jump:

der29

Established Member
Reaction score
Really? How so? How does someone who manifests the bald gene to no fault of their own qualify as a "dreg of society"?

Your statement is about as offensive as it gets. I'm bald and work a job to support my family and enrich my daughters life. How is that being a dreg on society exactly? Maybe if you grew out of your testosterone fueled adolescent mentality for two seconds you can realize that there is more to life than having perfectly symetrical chiseled features, a six pack and drive a fancy sports car.... such a pillar of the community!

lol your last line sounds like zoolander.

PhillyCarter

Banned
Reaction score
Point blank hair transplant is a better option than wigs. Wigs make you self conscious and anxious about whether it will stay on or whether it looks real. Being bald and real is better than having to worry about someone finding out if you're wearing a wig. That would be so much worse, man!

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
Point blank hair transplant is a better option than wigs. Wigs make you self conscious and anxious about whether it will stay on or whether it looks real. Being bald and real is better than having to worry about someone finding out if you're wearing a wig. That would be so much worse, man!

Transplants are bad too. Unless you are just trying to fill in a very small area, there is never enough donor hair to make it look good. I have transplants and now I can't shave my head due to heavy scarring in the donor region and the pot hole scarred receipient area. Without a hat or concealers I look like a freak.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Transplants are bad too. Unless you are just trying to fill in a very small area, there is never enough donor hair to make it look good. I have transplants and now I can't shave my head due to heavy scarring in the donor region and the pot hole scarred receipient area. Without a hat or concealers I look like a freak.

How long ago and what kind of hair transplant did you get?
Most now are pretty much scar free

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
damn that awful. If its any consolation I just did FUE and my temples reacted AWFULLY.... I may be the one guy with bad scarring from a modern FUE. My bald spot apparently did NOT like having hair again. Hopefully it heals all up well, its looking much better but not great.

PhillyCarter

Banned
Reaction score
That crazy man... Sorry to hear that. Yeah I guess people cant win. Wigs in that case would be safer bet. I just hope they come up with a better less invasive surgical solution.

wutdahair

Reaction score
I'm paranoid with toppik let alone wearing a piece. I do not think hair systems are undetectable...i can spot them a mile away. They might look decent right after a cut in on Youtube, but it's different outside.

OP, if you're willing, can you please post some pics? Thanks!

Rooster85

Reaction score
Hi jasenwn, love reading your posts.. I'm 31 just going through exactly what you when through, been shaving my head for 8 years just got back today from a consultation I'm excited but at the same time ****ing my self about getting one. I have to grow mine to, was 8 weeks long enough? I don't want to tell anyone that I'm wearing one!
How are you going these days still love it?