Total Hair Solutions UK

uncle rico

Reaction score
I have a consultation booked in this weekend with this company, they seem to be all above board and are even members of the Tricological Society.
Has anyone had any experience with these guys as im really uncertain whether to bother going...

jake1980

Established Member
Reaction score
uncle rico

i was in touch with them early in the year . and they came across ok
i no theres 2 of them who run the company . one of them wears a system
and the other was world hairdresses of the year a few years back
check it out and let us no what you think ...only reason i didnt go was they are 200 miles away from me..

uncle rico

Reaction score
Had a consultation there yesterday, the guy is very up front and honest about the process involved. He gets his systems from China but the hair used is eastern european which he says is one of the best to use because it holds its colour longer.
I asked him about about Cool Piece and Toplace and he said that i could, if i wanted to, buy a system from one of these places and he would cut it in for me etc but to be honest i feel alot more comfortable getting it through him even though i will pay slightly more.
What he has offered to do for me is get a system made for me, cut it all in but not shave my head, instead he will tape my hair down just so i can see what it will look like 95% finished. This has cost me £250, if i then decide to not have it i will lose this deposit, but i will at least know that i tried it and it wasnt for me.
The most reassuring thing about this company is that they are members of the tricological society, and after speaking with a society representative its obvious that they dont associate themselves with just anybody. The company has to be above board in terms of the service and advice they offer.
Hope this helps.

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have read positive things about these guys on other forums.
And for there to be something good said about a hair replacement center, is very rare.
Keep us posted :)

uncle rico

Reaction score
Im going through serious hell at the minute and made a rash decision earlier and cancelled my system.
My girlfriend wasnt too happy and thinks i should at least try the thing on my head, she thinks i will be impressed. So i have agreed to go ahead with it and have a system ordered.
So to keep you up to date, im still on for trying the system out with THS (Who have been very helpful throughout) and should have a system ready in 5 - 6 weeks time.
Im 50/50 at the minute and its doing my head in but hopefully trying a system out will make my decision for me.

jake1980

Established Member
Reaction score
uncle rico

did you speak to graham if so what did you think of his system...
im happy your trying them ..

uncle rico

Reaction score
I spoke to Graham a couple of times over the phone then went down to london saturday to meet him.
Hes a really nice honest guy who has been very helpful and supportive.
His hair system looked good to me, although the first thing he said to me was 'ignore what mine looks like at the minute because its a new piece that i only cut in last night, i still need to thin it out'
To be fair it did look a little on the thick side, im just glad he explained why but by no means did it look like a big thick rug, it looked real, just thick.
As i explained in my earlier posts, ive had a sample taken and hes measured my scalp etc so im just waiting for it to be ordered. Im still not sure i want to go down this route but im looking forward to trying it on and seeing what it looks like.
I want to make it clear that i have had consultations with a couple of 'big name' companies and THS are nothing like them, there is no contract, no beating around the bush. You buy the sytem from them, if you choose to go to them for maintenance work its entirely up to you. I myself may opt to get a local stylist to trim my own hair etc and go down to THS every 3-4 months.
I fully understand that systems can be ordered slightly cheaper and it is possible to cut them in yourself etc, i just feel more comfortable having done by an experienced stylist.

jake1980

Established Member
Reaction score
uncle rico

what are ths charging you for the system...are you from the london area.
5 to 6 weeks are not bad . i waited 11weeks for mine

jake1980

Established Member
Reaction score
uncle rico

any updates on your system . do you no theres a place in leicester that will do cut ins and haircuts

uncle rico

Reaction score
Im going back in February to have the piece i ordered fitted, as i mentioned in an earlier post i have paid £250 to get the piece fitted on my head without cutting any hair etc. The guy said he would get it 95% finished, enough to give me a good idea what it will look like.
Then its decision time, my girlfriend is coming with me to provide a second opinion but im still very unsure.
Its not just the appearance, its the maintanence and financial commitment that bothers me. Getting a system fitted initially is fine but taking it off once a week to clean scares me, plus i dont want to be travelling down to London once a month for a cut in so need to find somewhere local, even more local then Leicester ideally.
But i will just have to wait and see what it looks like...

uncle rico

Reaction score
Not sure on the density to be honest, other then that i have asked for it to be quite light for maximum realism, i dont want a davey crocket hat!
I think the system is a lace front type but the guy there has recommended a taped bond rather then a glue which im still not too sure about but he uses tape and prefers it and says that, with the right tape, it holds just as good.

Its two weeks until my appointment and im a bit nervous, he says hes going to tape my own hair down with surgical tape to give me the best possible idea of what it will look like.

uncle rico

Reaction score
Hi

I went down last Saturday to try the system out and i was pleasantly suprised.
The colour was spot on and considering he was working with my own hair underneath, it looked very good and you couldnt tell where my hair ended and the sytem began.
My girfriend came with me to watch and she was very impressed and is keen for me to take the plunge but i need time to think it over.
As i have said before its not just the astheatics, its the cost too and £650 per system ( £1300 a year ) is alot of money for me really.
The other thing that held me back was the length and thickness of the system, i wanted it longer then my own hair but when i went down i had only recenlt had it cut and the guy there said that it was borderline with what he usually likes to work with, as in it was a little short to cut in effectively.
I wanted to give myself a few weeks to grow my own hair so if i decide to have it done it will just look like ive had a haircut, but also time to think about whether this is the route i really want to go down.
If i do take the plunge i will buy my first system from THS but gradually look at switching and buying my own from Toplace or similar, im ordering a copy of MB's dvd to pick up some tips.
THS are very reliable and trustworthy but still expensive in my opinion but im just not brave enough to do it on my own first time.

Hope this info helps and if you want to know anything else just let me know.

Just to confirm, the system i ordered and tried out was a polyurethane system with lace front (pu is also called liquid skin).