Total Cover Plus UK, anyone used them?

Marooned

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea, this is tough to get into. I'm pretty disappointed by this first experience, but at least it's a beginning. Places like Northwest Lace offer more options, so I would potentially buy a custom system from them, and see if it's a better fit. As for cutting in, I would give it some time. Nothing worse than working with a stylist who is on the clock and isn't interested in experimenting.

Studios like TCP or Heydecke pretend that their systems are a unique technology that only they are qualified to work on, and that you need their special shampoos / glues, etc, but you can certainly find these things for less on your own. The glue remover they used, smelled like isopropyl alcohol, for example.

Even though it's complicated, maybe DIY is the place to start. I certainly wouldn't depend on TCP for removal / re application (although, when I asked, they said a customer would NEVER do this on their own). Just thought they could help me get started. Hope you have better luck with whatever you choose!

One more note:

The system arrived with the hair all put into bunches that were individually curled. Really weird IMO, because I have straight hair...I don't know how this thing will ever be straight, unless it's done chemically. I've read about this in other threads, so it is potentially the norm, with stock systems.

Last edited:

jake1980

Established Member
Reaction score
i used tcp the system was so so but the guy who cut it in from Denton made a right mess .i believe the got shut of him in the end