Total Amount Of Money Hairloss Has Cost You?

Thin Jim

Reaction score
Does anyone know roughly how much in total hair loss has cost them since they started treating it. For me It is probably somewhere in the region of 5000 English pounds, Around 8500 dollars. I spend money on so much stuff its ridiculous.

Obvious ones are dutasteride, proscar, spironolactone, xandrox, msm, hair vitamins. But there are also lost and lots of other costs that I would never have had to pay out for if it wasn't for hair loss. For example baseball caps, hair dye, loads of hairspray, thickening shampoos, i also spent a load of money on hair piece supplies when my loss got real bad, dermmatch, rogaine.

Hair loss could also potentially cost me a lot of money as I am due a very good promotion at my work, but it would mean being manager of 50 people and I simply cant do it as I would be on call and my hair takes me over a hour to do. I would be expected to go in almost as soon as I was called and could never have enough time to do my hair.

What do you think is the total amount of money hair loss has cost you?

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so far i've spent maybe 2-300.

3 bottles of DNC ... A tripack of Rogaine Foam ..... few months supply of dutas(ive stopped taking it daily so its lasting longer) ... various vitamins.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I embarrassed to say - especially since I haven't made any great gains in the hair regrowth area :) :-(

s.a.f

Reaction score
All the snake oils I've tried over the years, hair transplant's, meds, concealears ....probably enough to buy a brand new car ! :(

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
I embarrassed to say - especially since I haven't made any great gains in the hair regrowth area :) :-(

I will say that that I probably put someon'es kid over at vitacost.com through college. :)

About 80% of all that I spend are on vitamins, minerals and supplements - those things are crazy pricey. :evil:

Andy-Harriers

Reaction score
I would say in the region on £3500, as I paid £3000 for lazier hair restoration which didn’t work! :cry:

Nickie

Established Member
Reaction score
however, I'll tell you this!

I refuse to spend more if it's not going to be getting me anywhere.

Cassin

Reaction score
Been fighting hair loss for over 4 years....I was spending about $40 per month but now its around...probably $30.

But I spent a lot of money at first...

So maybe around $2200?

Sean68

Reaction score
gotta be about £1500 now id say. fifteen months prescription for propecia
was close to £500. but then ive probably spent 10 times that much on alcohol
and i dont have anything to show for that either!

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
200 bucks for my rogaine and finasteride and nizoral for one year

will be about 200 a year from now on

i can handle that

fallout

Reaction score
In 30 years of topicals, at least 20000. Recent costs lower with spectral DNs, one of the lower cost products used

Framer

Reaction score
10 plus years of toupees and not even a handjob. It would of been much cheaper going to a hooker and just shaving my head. By the way, I actually did just shave my head yesterday and signed up here tonight. I might put my used rugs on Ebay and see what happens. I would say I spent a good 10 grand since I started balding. I will be taking propecia probably in the near future but I want to see if the natural look works for me first. I'll see if my luck with women changes now. I hope so.