TOPPIK-Dont now what color to choose

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
TOPPIK-Dont know what color to choose

Hey everyone,

I think i have decided to hop on toppik for a little bit (i hope just a little bit).

I am 4 months on finasteride and not having great results so far so I want to add a bit of toppik to my crown to help with my self confidence issues.

Id say im right inbetween light brown and medium brown.

Any advice from current users weather i should go for a little lighter (light brown) or little darker (medium)??

Thanks!

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
get both, sprinkle them through evenly and comb through? IDK.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea buck.

Would rather not though lol. Are you using it ?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a bad idea buck.

Would rather not though lol. Are you using it ?

I have them, but never use them. Sometimes just when I have to meet my family at a restaurant. For some reason, 90% of f*cking restaurants are like designed with lighting made to expose thinning hair. haha.. I have dark brown-black hair, and the dark brown works pretty good. You can always order one, test it out and if it's too light/dark, try another?

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya

Gunna go with medium I guess.

Was hoping to get some toppik pros to say "when in doubt always go darker" or the opposite ya know lol

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You'll need to post a pic to get that sort of definitive answer. I've bought a dark brown when they had run out of medium, and couldn't actually see a huge difference, so If you are medium, darker won't matter, but lighter probably will?

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
I use Xfusion which is made by Toppik so I think it is identical but tends to be cheaper in price. It is the best I have used and can be sprinkled on as little or as much as you need to get a good result. very easy to control, unlike all the others that come out in clumps.

As for colors, their medium brown in too dark and their light brown is a light blond. They completely messed that up. Auburn is more like a medium brown but it does contain red. Nanogen medium brown is a better match but doesn't work as well or come out of the container other than in clumps.

- - - Updated - - -

You'll need to post a pic to get that sort of definitive answer. I've bought a dark brown when they had run out of medium, and couldn't actually see a huge difference, so If you are medium, darker won't matter, but lighter probably will?

I found the opposite to be true unless the color is much lighter. I can tell when using the medium brown at my hairline that it is a darker than the rest of the hair.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use bright ginger.

resu

Reaction score
I think it only fools people if you have jet black hair, my hair is brown, orange and blond sometimes in a single strand but at far it looks brown or dark brown, there's no way I could apply it without looking weird. You may think it looks good in the bathroom light then you go out and it looks off, can't see how it works.