Toppik Causing Hair Loss ??

groomin

Reaction score
Does anyone else have any suspicions Toppik is accelerating their hair loss? I’m 40 and I’ve had slow, gradual hair loss for years. After using a cover up spray for years (GLH), I started using Toppik a year ago and I’ve noticed my loss has accelerated during this period. Nothing in my hair loss regimen has changed in the past year (I’ve used proscar and rogaine), nor has anything changed in my diet, lifestyle, etc. Also, after applications of Toppik I sometimes notice a very subtle tingling sensation. Of course if Toppik was actually accelerating hair loss for some segment of users I would think there would be news of this, but still I’m wondering- is this just a coincidence? Is it possible Toppik’s “micro-fibers†could have some type of adverse effect on some men’s scalp or hair follicles?

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
try couvre if you are not satisfied with toppik and i think couvre works better than toppik

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Oh no Toppik....I tried it and hated it. As far as it causing more hairloss...probably not. A little suggestion for Toppik users. Take a mirror in to a room in the house that has sunlight shining in. Stand in that light and look in the mirror at the place on your scalp that has the toppik applied. I immediatly stopped using it after i did that. It looks like you have sawdust in your hair...for me anyways. It looked Like I just spent the day cutting up some MDF and I wasn't even using that much.

G

Hair loss is caused at the hair root. I don't think topic could cause such a problem. It may have made the hair you are losing more noticable, which gives the effect you are losing more.

hopewas

Reaction score
i tried my brother's toppik once. didn't like it. i prefer couvre a lot more

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you can really see topic stuff on your scalpe after you apply it , stay away from it :x

morphuesX

Reaction score
BadHairDecade
dont know what u r talking about ..it really works for me..you have to use a good hairspray with it..i go outdoors with it during bright sunlight with friends and nobody has observed it yet

groomin
iam not sure about the thing about it aggravating hairloss..it might be possible..but i 've been using it for around a month and havent seen any excess fallout

the thing about toppik or anyother hair loss concealers is its usage can play mind games with you..it creates this illusory effect whenever u use it you look like you have a full head of hair and then when u shampoo it out,step out of the shower and look at your head and you kinda get shocked with what you see in the mirror..hope that makes sense :)

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
morphuesX said:
BadHairDecade
dont know what u r talking about ..it really works for me..you have to use a good hairspray with it..i go outdoors with it during bright sunlight with friends and nobody has observed it yet

Maybe they were just being kind :wink:
The thing is I wasn't even using that much since I really didn't have to but the sunlight test really made it show...and yes i was using a good hairspray

leonardo956

Reaction score
I love toppik. It has worked great on me. Probably, coz I don't have hairloss as I do lack of density. Hair grows everywhere on my head there's just a lack of density on the back.

I know it works great. Coz a friend knows I use propecia, but he doesn't know I use Toppik. I have a lack of the density all over my the back of my head, but I only put toppik on my swirl, not all over. A friend once told me he notices propecia fixed my swirl, but I still need hair to grow in other areas.