Toppik and Hair Gel

Reaction score
I wanted to change up my hair style a little bit with a "wetter" look than I currently use with Toppik. Has anyone been able to successfully incorporate Toppik and also using gel for that "wet" look? Any recommendations would be welcome.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
The only thing I could recommend is to style your hair with the hair gel, and then apply the Toppik, like you're supposed to anyway. Then use hair spray to lock the Toppik in place. It should work and the Toppik shouldn't dull your wet look too much as long as you aren't using a ton of Toppik.

Jim Canter

Reaction score
toppik and wet look

not really achievable. Kerasome which is new can be used with the wet or dry look and works better than toppik. A bit more expensive, but it can be left in for a couple of days.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: toppik and wet look

Jim Canter said:
not really achievable. Kerasome which is new can be used with the wet or dry look and works better than toppik. A bit more expensive, but it can be left in for a couple of days.

your only 2 posts have been about kerasome....

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jim Canter said:
only thing is that what i say is actually true. Check your facts.

only thing is that you should spam your product over at some other forum

elquenuncafue

Reaction score
Hi im new, and i want to know the same that Miller post, how can i get a wet look with toppik?, i just order toppik and soon will arrive, and i prefer a wet look, i dont have bald spots just thining hair and kerasome its out of my pocket.

thanks in advance and sorry for my english :p

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
Instead of using toppik try a product that dyes the colour of your scalp such as Dermatch or Couvre then wet-style your hair as desired. This works pretty well for me even though I'm a diffuse thinner.

Sometimes I use one of these with toppik and Garnier fructis surf hair which gives a wet-ish look.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
i normally put wax on my hair all over except for the crown which i leave covered in toppik - i dont think ive been discovered yet