Topper99's Story - (29 /Yet another "assess me" post.)

Topper99

Reaction score
Hey there.

I'm a 29 year old caucasian male. Back in maybe 2007, I noticed my temples were back further than they were years ago...or so I think. I don't really think they've moved all that much, and possibly none since 2007. I didn't even notice it until one day I was sitting at my desk at work with my hand on my head and thought it felt like I had too little hair. For all I know, it'd been like that longer.

My dad is 56 and not bald at all. He has a higher front line than he did years ago, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. Absolutely no baldness in the back. His dad went MAJORLY bald in his early 20's. My mom's dad who died at 76 or thereabouts had a raised front typical of someone his age, but was not bald in the back at all.

Here is a mixture of shots with both dry and wet hair. My hair in the back has always been "weird," but I've never really had a reference for it, as I've rarely ever had a chance to see it as I've gotten older. I've been referred to as having a "cowlick." Back when I was younger and had "longer" hair styles (i.e. boy's regular haircuts when I was young) the barbers always said my hair was hard to deal with because of the cowlick. From about fifteen on, I've always had high and tight or military-type haircuts.

I'm kind of wondering if the swirl at the back of my head is thinning, or that's typical for such a spot. I just got a haircut about two weeks ago, a high and tight with a 2 or 3 on the sides. My hair does not seem to be loose or coming out in clumps or anything like that. I can pull at it with my fingers and try to get it to come out, but it doesn't.

As you can see from some of the angles, it looks like the hair around the "swirl" might be thinning, but again I don't know if that's typical. My hair is quite thick everywhere else. Thanks for the assessment, guys.

Here is the folder with all the pictures, and I'll link a few in this post. Make sure to check out the folder, there is a total of 17 pictures there.

http://s616.photobucket.com/albums/tt24 ... stions999/

hair1.jpg

hair10.jpg

hair11.jpg

hair12.jpg

hair13.jpg

hair15.jpg

hair14.jpg

hair17.jpg

hair8.jpg

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Re: Hey guys. Yet another "assess me" post.

Welcome Topper99!! I am moving this to the Tell Your Story section as you will get more responses there.

Welcome!

JonJon

Reaction score
Really hard to tell...I'd say talk to your doctor about it. I think propecia would fix you right up.

Topper99

Reaction score
JonJon said:
Really hard to tell...I'd say talk to your doctor about it. I think propecia would fix you right up.

Yeah...being as I just got my hair cut recently, I'm not sure if it's just the way it was cut. Maybe if I take pictures of the back again in two or three weeks I'll have a better idea.

From some angles it doesn't look like anything, but from others it does. It's hard to tell if it's just the lighting or not.

thenational

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont think you have anything to worry about. Your sides look just as thick as the crown. Your hairline is straight and your fringe is dense, you've got equal coverage throughout.

It seems like you just have a short haircut and therefore can see some scalp.

Topper99

Reaction score
thenational said:
I dont think you have anything to worry about. Your sides look just as thick as the crown. Your hairline is straight and your fringe is dense, you've got equal coverage throughout.

It seems like you just have a short haircut and therefore can see some scalp.

Thanks for the information. Ever since I noticed some temporal recession to the "mature" hairline, I've kinda been keeping a close watch on everything.

Reaction score
My hair loss started out similarly to yours, but please don't be discouraged. Your hair could have some regrowth, stay that way for a while, or get worse, I don't know, I'm no expert, I'm no doctor.

Yeah, so like JonJon said, have a doctor or maybe your hairstyle/hairdresser look at it.

MDbaldeagle

Reaction score
looks like thinning to me. I would leave it until its more noticable however. BUt then again, i've left mine go until its rediculously thin.

Topper99

Reaction score
Well, it's been about a month, and I haven't had another haircut, so I figured I'd take another picture of myself. It looks fine to me now. I guess it was just the way I had it cut that made it look bad with flash.

Here's a new picture with flash. I'll keep taking pictures every month or two to keep track of things for myself, though.

monthlater.jpg