toplace lace looks fantastic

CCS

Reaction score
just toplace. the staff there is impressive. they have a solution for everything, and top notch custom service. lots of info in those forums.

If I get the wrong piece I'll shave my head. But I guess I'll put it on over my hair without glu until I know it is the right one. I'm doing this myself. I'm only replacing the front 1/4 of my hair, so I can see it all in the mirror just fine.

Making that template will take skill. I need to make a replica of my scull, that I keep, and then make a sturdy templet that I mail in. I'll draw lines on it and number the areas and tell them what direction to make it grow, and I'll send pics of me and pics of hair I want, and hair samples, and email BA before mailing it all in. That will take a little thinking and time, so I'll have to wait till two weeks from now.

CCS

Reaction score
I told my brother how good these are, and now he wants one too.

I'm going to wait till HM gets really cheap before I get it. like $5k. Not $15k

s.a.f

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Loser: hey, your hair looks different.
Me: Really? How so?
Loser: you have more hair. Hey everyone, he's wearing a wig!
Me: (sitting down between some hot women) I do not know that crazy guy. (hot woman runs her hands through my hair and gives her smile of approval)

Case closed.
I hope some jelous ugly guy says something about my new hair. I'll make him regret it on the spot.
(How exactly?)
Aaaaahhh!!!

CCS this is pure fantasy and you know it! :nono:
You are not the cool confident guy that you're trying to make out here you are the most insecure person I've ever encounterd. (undoubtedly this is why you find yourself in your current situation : 27yrs old never had a woman).
I'm not trying to rubbish all your schemes here I'm just worried about what could potentialy happen and completly break that tiny strand of social accountability that you have.
If someone spots that you are wearing a piece you will not retaliate with some awesome witty putdown that will shut up your accuser and endear everyone to you, (I dont think even the best wit in the world would save you in this situation) you will instead just turn bright red and wish that the ground opens up and swallows you. :blush: :$ That is the undeiable truth.

I'm not anti hairpeice and I know that there are some good guys on here like MB who have worn one succesfully for years, but I just think that in a college enviroment its a bit of a risk.
I know that a good piece is undetectable but only to strangers if you suddenly turn up with a great nw1 everybody will notice the difference.
I seriously could'nt imagine what would happen if anyone I knew suddenly showed up at work sporting a piece they would never hear the end of it.

CCS said:
I'd just play dumb if anyone asked why my hair is different. What are they going to do? Grab it and tug as hard as they can? I'd press charges for the assault.

Thats a distinct possibility, and I'm not so sure you'd press charges after such a humiliating experience "Hello police I've just had my wig pulled off by a fellow student can you come and arrest them?"

What more can I say its up to you but I'm just warning you of the possibilities.
A college student wearing a wig? :roll: I'm sure the chicks will love it.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
If he's subtle about increasing the density and puts the effort into wearing it properly then people won't really notice- a few might suspect but there's no way they would know for sure. He could tell them he's been getting regrowth with hairloss treatment, using some thickening shampoo/gel, or just styled it differently if anyone asks- if it's someone he trusts then he could just tell him it's a piece. Why would people assume a hair piece if the change is subtle and gradual? Since he's finishing up college, I think now is actually a perfect time for him to do this.

CCS

Reaction score
SAF,

You make a good point. I'm such a loner I doubt anyone will notice. No one in my complex knows me except maybe seeing me walk by from 30 feet away once a week. The students in my classes might recognize the difference, though none of them ever talk to me, so I doubt they will ask me. They'd only comment amongst themselves if they were to say anything.

At most, I'd lower my middle 1/8 inch, my corners 1/3 inch, and bring my temples in 2/3 inch. Probably 1/8, 1.4, 1/2 would be better though. Who knows. I think 1/8, 1/6, 1/4 or 1/3 would not be that noticeable. If I put it on and it looks to big of a difference, I can trim some off. But with dermmatch in my hair now, I don't think the density difference will be too drammatic. I plan on starting with 65-70% density.

If someone does say something, I'll play dumb, and remind them my hair used to be very tuffy and unbrushed and wild. I'll tell them a I got a gift certificate to a hair stylist for Christmas. As long as I put it on right and have the direction and wave and color right, I should be fine. Winter break should take care of it. And I always wear a baseball cap outside.

CCS

Reaction score
as for wearing a wig in a college environment, I think having a high, thin hairline is a far worse problem. If I hit on hot women now, I'm labeled a pervert or pedophile. That's at worse though. Some just say no, and the fat ones try to get me. If I have a piece, there is just a risk of someone finding out. Even if one person thinks I'm wearing one, no one will believe them if it looks real. And that person will not even know for sure and will give up without further evidence.

When I got hair grafts, no one said anything. Just later on they said, "wow, your hair is thicker."

On my first day of class, my professor announced to everyone that this is my second time taking the class. Most the class was not paying attention, and by mid semester everyone had forgotten. As long as people don't have proof positive that I'm wearing, they will accept my new hair as the norm and not think anything of it in a month tops.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think there's a critical mass of people that have to believe you have a hairpiece for it to become an issue. If it's just a couple of people than it won't be a problem...if it's noticeable to every other person that knows you then it will be a problem.

I personally don't mind some people suspecting I'm wearing something...but everyone knowing would be bad. Even if everyone knows the reality is some people would still be more comfortable wearing a piece than being bald- I'm one of them.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
On my first day of class, my professor announced to everyone that this is my second time taking the class. Most the class was not paying attention, and by mid semester everyone had forgotten. As long as people don't have proof positive that I'm wearing, they will accept my new hair as the norm and not think anything of it in a month tops.

Yeah I agree. There will be people who stare and suspect, and there may be some who ask what you did (maybe one or two people that know you well), but it's not like everyone will notice or gossip unless it looks really bad. If it's done with subtlety, most people will not notice at all.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Well if you're sure about it, but I just thought that knowing you and the importance you put on hair you'd go for the lowest thickest hairline available because thats what you really want, :punk: and it would be such a difference that it would be as obvious as Elton Johns. :hairy: But if you have planned to do it subtly then good luck to you.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
do you have any pics of people wearing this type of wig? I'd love to add 3 times more to my hair overnight.

I've had to stop the spironolactone cream... I've pretty sure it is was has been given me random rashes. I only get them when I apply it. Sucks pretty bad because my hair for the first time in years felt amazing. I didn't have that feeling anymore in my scalp when you know your hair is coming out. I'm gonna try just the liquid... an if that doesn't work jump on RU.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Check out the last base on this page...integrated system where you can pull your hair through the base. These guys can even make a custom version with lace parts to it.

http://www.wholesalehairpieces.com/styles9.htm

I like the idea of being able to keep my existing hair and having more hair added to it.

Toupmaster and Michigan Baldy...any thoughts on an integrated hair system?

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I`ve never tried one myself, and I dont recall anyone who has.

CCS

Reaction score
I-lace is the best, but it costs more. I'd save it for when you know what you want. Virgin hair too, but only if your hair will be short.

Short of those luxuries, you want all swiss lace, Remi hair, and disappearing glue. I'm going to get two partials for $190 plus the cost of Remi hair. What a deal.

for maximum believability, try to match your natural hair direction and wave and color and density. But if you are getting a full top, you can probably pick what you want.

CCS

Reaction score
MichiganBaldy said:
I`ve never tried one myself, and I dont recall anyone who has.

integration is so fake. why be afraid to shave? any woman feeling an integration piece will know immediately it is fake. unless you have a mop over your head hiding everything, I'm sure it would be easy to spot. If you are so happy about your existing hair, why get a piece at all?

yeah, I'd like to keep my hair so no one catches me shaved, or I can just take a day off. but if you have hair under a piece, no scalp will show, and it will not look perfect. Probably also less ventilation. I say just get the most comfy glue possible and only use a little except on days when you think you need a tight hold.

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
why do we even relate a piece to getting woman?
go check out The Game written by style, that guy is freaking bald - completely, and he is also short and ugly :woot:
he got a lot of hot woman and married a celebrities...
i would just suggest you to think this way.. how can you use your thining hair as your advantage in getting the girl you want.

G

Haven't you heard? In order to get a piece of a$$, your upper forehead needs to be hairier than your a$$. I'm going to get a piece.

It doesn't take much for your upper forehead to be hairier than your *** on a lot of guys. Some people just don't have hairy asses. And then you have people like a friend of mine who mooned at a party-his *** is so covered in hair it's tough to see any skin there.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Well if you're sure about it, but I just thought that knowing you and the importance you put on hair you'd go for the lowest thickest hairline available because thats what you really want, :punk: and it would be such a difference that it would be as obvious as Elton Johns. :hairy: But if you have planned to do it subtly then good luck to you.

I thought Elton John had a hair transplant?

What ever happened to CCS? I heard he left the board, what was the reason because although i manage to get hot girls I actually respect his outlook on life because fundamentally he's got the right idea.

s.a.f

Reaction score
person said:
What ever happened to CCS? I heard he left the board, what was the reason because although i manage to get hot girls I actually respect his outlook on life because fundamentally he's got the right idea.

Elton had a transplant in the 80's but it was crap so he's been wearing a wig since the mid 90's. Think about it he was pretty bald but now has a full head of hair that no transplant could achieve.

CCS has the right idea?!? for what? never getting laid?

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS, i've seen pics of you and your hair looks ok to me! I can't see any thinning at all!