topicals and new airport restrictions

mikemass

Reaction score
Anyone thinking about how to travel with topicals such as minoxidil, spironolactone, etc. if they keep the rules about no liquids in carry-ons? Of course, you could just keep it in checked baggage, but I often travel with just a carry-on so that might be a hassle. Some other thoughts I had: ship some in advance if you're staying with a friend or buy some generic minoxidil at your destination just for the duration of your trip. The latter is probably wasteful though.

Hamartoma

Reaction score
See my post in the minoxidil section. I too need to travel with topicals and am concerned about additional delays or losing my luggage if checked-in. Apparently, one can carry 4ml of non-prescription medications on board as of this morning. That would be about 2 days of applications of minoxidil for most people. How can one assume that the TSA agent is going to believe one that a bottle containing 4 ml of minoxidil is not something else? Will a pharmacy rebottle the minoxidil and label the bottle so it will pass through? Buying a bottle at my destination and trashing it would be a waste of $$$.

Felk

Reaction score
Oh ok. Well the bombs which were used in the attempt on the UK airplanes used explosive liquids in soft drink bottles, you see!

Thought you were making a sarcastic joke....

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
Felk said:
Oh ok. Well the bombs which were used in the attempt on the UK airplanes used explosive liquids in soft drink bottles, you see!

ah i see now :lol:

I guess than id have to adivse him to check in a small bag.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hawaii male said:
Felk said:

ah i see now :lol:

I guess than id have to adivse him to check in a small bag.

:roll: