Topical with no or low Alcohol

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm looking for a topical that has no or low alcohol. Anyone know of any?

I do know there is

Minoxidil
Spironolactone
RU

All are topicals but do anyone know of formulations that doesn't have the alkie?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a problem with using alcohol in a topical? :dunno:

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes I have very dry scalp. And very dry hair. So the alcohol breaks it. Plus I have long hair. So I don't think the foam will help but thx anyway.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
rwhairlosstalk said:
Yes I have very dry scalp. And very dry hair. So the alcohol breaks it. Plus I have long hair. So I don't think the foam will help but thx anyway.

you can melt the foam so it turns liquid, then you can suck it up with a eye dropper and apply it to your head like that. Many who found the regular minoxidil intolerable find there scalps handle it easy.

Just squirt the foam into the cap and place the bottom of the cap in hot water for a little and watch it turn to liquid real quick. Then use an eyedropper and suck up the liquid then apply to your scalp.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
rwhairlosstalk said:

you can melt the foam so it turns liquid, then you can suck it up with a eye dropper and apply it to your head like that. Many who found the regular minoxidil intolerable find there scalps handle it easy.

Just squirt the foam into the cap and place the bottom of the cap in hot water for a little and watch it turn to liquid real quick. Then use an eyedropper and suck up the liquid then apply to your scalp.

Blaze thanks alot. I will try this. The foam may have less alkie. God knows I need something. My thinning is major that I have bald spots all over my head. In addition to a receding hairline.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
The problem with minoxidil, for most people at least, is not alcohol, but the PPG. There are brands with little to no PPG in it.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No for me it's the alcohol. I have very dry scalp and hair to begin with. Adding alcohol just takes the cake.