topical spironolactone success?

ants

Reaction score
Hi, just curious has anyone had success using topical spironolactone alone, as the only anti androgen? For me I know a treatment is working because the itch dissapears, if you tried spironolactone did you get this?

Nex

Established Member
Reaction score
I have used spironolactone alone and it did not get rid of my male pattern baldness itch. spironolactone by itself is not strong enough to give measurable results in my opinion. I would use it in conjunction with other treatments. Currently I use revivogen, spironolactone, nizoral, and tgel which I consider all weak anti-androgens. Using all of this together I have stopped my male pattern baldness, I am unsure whether I will regrow hair time will tell.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@Nex do you use all of these topically? Are ur only items topical or do you take internals also? Thanks!

Nex

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I am using Revivogen (Topical), and topical spironolactone at night time. Then I alternate using Nizoral and Tgel in the mornings. As of now this regimen has stopped my male pattern baldness itch, I believe I am getting results but it will take a few more months to become conclusive. Hopefully in june I will be able to post pictures of my success.

stoja

Established Member
Reaction score
i am using topical spironolactone and have been for over a month now along with minoxidil. my hair loss has decreased dramatically so I believe it is working for me. Am hoping for some regrowth but this is highly unlikely. will keep u posted if anything changes

stoja

Established Member
Reaction score
yes i will keep you updated. am also using minoxidil so the decrease in shedding could be attributed to that. still believe it is a mild anti androgen and good if you have mild case of male pattern baldness