Topical spironolactone also has Side Effects!

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
I've used it (Lee's 5% cream) only for a month, all over my shaved head once everyday. And it has pretty much killed my libido. I haven't used it for about a week now and still nothing. Did anyone else experience similar effects??

PS. Its definitely not placebo effect but its been documented as having no sexual side effects whatsoever, and I never had a doubt in mind about it doing anything to my libido. Its just that I gradually lost the desire whatsoever...really weired!

incubo

Reaction score
Goata im on topical spironolactone 5% (Dr. Lee) 1 month too, at present time my libido is ok, isn't too much spread spironolactone ALL over your head? :freaked:

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
incubo said:
Goata im on topical spironolactone 5% (Dr. Lee) 1 month too, at present time my libido is ok, isn't too much spread spironolactone ALL over your head? :freaked:

Yes, I did spread it over too much area, although I did use it minimally - enough to create a thin film. Plus I was using T-Sal which also aids with absorption. However, I wasn't expecting side effects at all because thats what Lee's website says. So I used it all over my NW6 - now I'm just gonna wait and hope it returns back to normal. Worse then being bald is being bald with a limp dick and no libidio!

If you're just using it on your temples then you'd probably be fine. i posted my scenario so other NW6 guys know what they could be in for and start with application in smaller areas.

philly said:
Topical spironolactone has terrible side effects. I've written it many times before. There was a guy on a BB forum soem years ago that took a blood test after applying Lee's spironolactone cream for 2 weeks or so on his scalp. He then compared his T results with T results from an earlier BT (before starting Lee's spironolactone cream). His T levels had dropped more than 50% if I remember right. Might have been more.

hmmm...I had my T tests done 2 years ago. I'll have it done again if things don't pick up down there. Lee should also consider putting a warning on his spironolactone products.

evildude

Established Member
Reaction score
same here. got gyno symptoms after about a month's use, twice a day on a hydrated scalp. puffy nipples, liquid coming out when i squeezed the nipple and chest pain. quit spironolactone about a week ago and the pain and liquid is gone and the swelling is much better. seems to be returning to normal.

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
i used some topical spironolactone for a while will on finasteride. i only used it for around 2-weeks and it felt it was contributing to pain in my nipples, so i stopped it.

after stopping, pain was less apparent.

i really think that it got into the bloodstream somehow.

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
More people with similar side effects...This is really weired!

Btw, I also followed the same regime...rubbed it on my scalp 5 minutes after shower...that could have contributed to side effects but still very weired. Since Dr. Lee says it doesn't absorb into scalp. I'll contact him and see what he has to say about this.

As of my side effects, I didn't get any gyno but libido is still gone....almost 2 weeks now and haven't had any urges that I used to get daily.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess topical spironolactone is for men only... :shakehead:

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
I guess topical spironolactone is for men only... :shakehead:

u mean 'women' only?

Thats what I think though - probably make their boobs bigger! :agree:

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
damnn, i been applying alot all over my scalp!! and i mean alot, around 5 times a week. I better get off this now! this is why i am never going near propecia again!

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
scribe99 said:
If
there were any systemic effects, the first indication would be increased
urination because spironolactone is a potassium sparing diuretic. But
there is the possibility that spironolactone can cause gynecomastia.
Considering the topical application and the low concentration, it would be
very unusual."

Did he mean increased urination amount or frequency?? As of gynecomastia, my tits still look quite manly...but I'll keep an eye on 'em.

As of side effects....i've been off it for about 4 weeks now and gladly everything is back to normal...so all is good!

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
If there were any systemic effects, the first indication would be increased
urination because spironolactone is a potassium sparing diuretic

hmmm.

i got this exact 'side-effect' from my topical green tea extract. maybe i made it too strong or applied too much.

Boldy Hon

Reaction score
I also got sides from Dr Lee topical spironolactone.
After only 3 weeks of using the cream , once a day with very small amount of cream on the crown area, I started getting nipple tenderness and itching.

I couldn't believe it was possible, specially after it's been told to be very safe drug but I didn't take any chances and quit immediately using the cream.

But unfortunately things didn't get back to normal and even got worse because the left chest look bloated. the tenderness has gone after few days, but the itching is still there, although it moved from the nipple area to the upper side of the chest.

almost 1.5 months past since i quit and things doesn't look better.
the chest is still bloated and I Feel the itching 2-3 times a day..

Lux

Reaction score
But unfortunately things didn't get back to normal and even got worse because the left chest look bloated. the tenderness has gone after few days, but the itching is still there, although it moved from the nipple area to the upper side of the chest.
Photos please of ur chest.