Topical Setipiprant Gave Me Side Effects

mrkite

Reaction score
I don't know how it was possible, but it seems even topical setipiprant gave me side effects, and not the side effects that are common with this drug either. It gave me brain fog/head pressure very similar to what Propecia gave me two years ago. I used 1 mL of 5% one night back in early August and woke up the next morning feeling pretty out of it, so I decided not to do another application. The crappy feeling I had went a way in a day or two and then the next week I decided to try again. Well, it's the middle of October now and I still feel off in the head from that second try. With the Propecia I tried two years ago, I only popped two pills of 0.25 mg and was left with horrible brain fog that lasted over a month. I remember back then being very fearful that I was never going to get my mental acuteness back. I seem to be VERY sensitiveness to these drugs. Sucks. I hope I recover soon. I wish I knew of something I could do to help myself feel some sort of relief.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are talking about immediate side effects from finasteride and seti.
I'm in the same position, except that I actually took finasteride for 7 years before reaching this point. When I first started I had no sides. The sides and sensitivity developed over the years before I realized what was going on.
Seti and RU gave me similiar immediate sides. Curiously, the reaction from seti was stronger and more long lasting.
Also, finasteride seems to have accelerated my hair loss permanently after I quit.
I'd be interested to know what you plan to do. And guys, hyper sensitivity does exist.

YoloMPB2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your sides. I have been researching Seti for myself. What are the common side effects with Seti? I can't seem to find it although I'm sure its somewhere on the forum. Is it also true, much like minoxidil, if you stop Seti your situation can drastically worsen? Is Seti a decent substitute for minoxidil?

mrkite

Reaction score
The most consistent reports from seti use I saw were decreased itch and sleep problems.
I mean, I think it was the seti...or maybe the custom liquid it was dissolved in. I got it from a private forum. I don't even know what the solute is made out of, so who really knows.

Fullhead1day

Established Member
Reaction score
Weird. No one has reported this side effect from Seti and Custom Liquid usage.

I had really bad brain fog from just bad health. Maybe it's due to your lifestyle/diet?

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have more side effects from minoxidil, well, it was kopyrrol but that's essentially the same thing. Minoxidil is overall horrible for your heart but I was more sensitive to it than most. it gave me awful chest tightness pain and skipping heart beats. RU is also dangerous and said to mess with the heart, a few people have had sudden death and heart attacks from it.

Setipiprant seems to be the safest out of the bunch of finasteride, minoxidil, RU58841. well besides that copper peptide GHK-cu.

I advise against using finasteride RU and minoxidil if possible.

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have more side effects from minoxidil, well, it was kopyrrol but that's essentially the same thing. Minoxidil is overall horrible for your heart but I was more sensitive to it than most. it gave me awful chest tightness pain and skipping heart beats. RU is also dangerous and said to mess with the heart, a few people have had sudden death and heart attacks from it.

Setipiprant seems to be the safest out of the bunch of finasteride, minoxidil, RU58841. well besides that copper peptide GHK-cu.

I advise against using finasteride RU and minoxidil if possible.

Links to claims ?

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Links to claims ?

No documentation provided.

https://www.goodlookingloser.com/forums/hair-loss-prevention/80174-ru58841-heart-failure-please-read
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=110471

there were more but I didn't save them. It isn't researched enough and the original French makers of the drug abandoned development all together.

basically it can cause production of Cyanonilutamide in your system, which is no bueno.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.goodlookingloser.com/forums/hair-loss-prevention/80174-ru58841-heart-failure-please-read
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=110471

there were more but I didn't save them. It isn't researched enough and the original French makers of the drug abandoned development all together.

basically it can cause production of Cyanonilutamide in your system, which is no bueno.

http://www.ru58841.info/side-effects/

what do u make of this?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm content to take RU at a very low dose. I hope Fidia releases their stuff soon, then I can drop everything else.

jake_b

Established Member
Reaction score
For me it caused a sort of paradoxical running of my nose and swelling of my sinuses, which seemed very weird since it was originally developed as an allergy drug. That effect lasted about 12 hours after each dose and then my "allergy" symptoms went away.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me it caused a sort of paradoxical running of my nose and swelling of my sinuses, which seemed very weird since it was originally developed as an allergy drug. That effect lasted about 12 hours after each dose and then my "allergy" symptoms went away.
Were you applying topically or taking orally?

This seems to happen to topical users.