Topical Saw Palmetto Increases Testosterone?

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I noticed when i used Topical saw palmetto on my scalp that i would have a rise in testosterone levels in libido and energy and i wondered that was normal for a topical DHT blocker?

I also wonder whether i am getting the same from the azelaic acid i been using on my scalp.

Is this normal? or is it a bad sign?

Last edited:

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
did you get your levels tested?

No i honestly wouldn't know how to get that done.

I don't think id be able to ask the doctor for such a thing unless there was a good health reason so really i am just going by how i feel after i use the product.

Nostro100

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed when i used Topical saw palmetto on my scalp that i would have a rise in testosterone levels in libido and energy and i wondered that was normal for a topical DHT blocker?

I also wonder whether i am getting the same from the azelaic acid i been using on my scalp.

Is this normal? or is it a bad sign?

You should use the Zix solution if you are applying azelaic acid.
check this study. "When the three substances were added together at very low concentrations which had been shown to be ineffective alone, 90% inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity was obtained."

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No i honestly wouldn't know how to get that done.

I don't think id be able to ask the doctor for such a thing unless there was a good health reason so really i am just going by how i feel after i use the product.

Then I wouldn't assume your testosterone levels are higher just because of feelings of libido/energy it could be placebo. Saw palmetto is really weak and most likely won't do this taken orally, let alone applied topically. Bloodworks are something you can get done yourself you don't need a doctor to approve it