Topical Procyandin B-2

|||Pelo|||

Reaction score
Japanese researchers have discovered a scientifically proven way to regrow hair. It's made from apples and tests have shown the results nearly doubled the hair growth of minoxidil (Rogaine). Most important, no negative side effects such as sexual dysfunction.

(PRWeb) January 11, 2007 -- Japanese researchers have discovered a substance from apples, apple polyphenols or procyanidin B-2, that is effective for regrowing hair. After studying over 1,000 botantical extracts and conducting clinical trials with double-blind studies, the results were quite conclusive.

• 78.9% of subjects showed an increased mean value of hair diameter
• The number of terminal hairs and total hairs was "significantly increased" compared to the control group.
• The research team concluded that "topical procyanidin B-2 is safe and effective in curing male pattern baldness.

The product has been studied worldwide. The prestigious British Journal of Dermatology observed that procyanidin B-2 seems to promote hair growth by prolonging the anagen phase (active growth phase) and shortening the telogen phase (resting phase) in the hair follicle cycle. The result is increased hair growth.
Another study discovered that "The procyanidin B-2 nearly doubled the hair growth of minoxidil (Rogaine)."

More important perhaps is the absence of harmful side effects. In over 80 different studies, there has been an absence of harmful side effects. We've all heard about the benefits of an apple a day, who knew that apples would also grow hair?

So why is procyandin B-2 so different from other hair growth solutions? Most hair solutions work to block the production of DHT, a male hormone. The downside of blocking DHT is that it is needed for libido.

Procyandin B-2 blocks the production of TGF Beta, a degraded form of DHT. It is actually this TGF Beta that causes the hair follicle to shrink and the hair to fall out. TGF Beta is not needed in sexual function. This makes procyandin B-2 a safe solution for hair loss without the sexual side effects that can occur with other productions.

Up to now about the only documented methods to combat hair loss have been minoxidil (Rogaine) and propecia. Unfortunately, they have a range of unpleasant side effects, including sexual dysfunction. There are a number of "natural" treatments, but most of their claims are anecdotal.

Procyandin B-2 is available for sale under the name Apple Polyphenols and comes in both capsule and topical forms. You can go to http://www.hairRex.com to register for a report detailing the scientific studies completed on this product. They offer a six-month money-back guarantee on both the capsule and topical application. You can also call them at 1-800-381-2576.

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2007/1/emw496377.htm

crespo

Reaction score
Has anyone tried making their own topical? I know swansons has a fairly cheap applepoly product, though I don't know how it compares to the applepoly.com product in terms of active ingredients.

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
I looked in the success stories, and there is not one mention of Apple Procydin (spelling?). I'd try something else.

jambri

Established Member
Reaction score
search instead for applepoly (procyanidin).

I think it works, but does not seem much more effective than minoxidil.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
instead of paying outrageous prices for that crap you can find it yourself.

Health food stores and online sell suppliments and if you really want a topical you can cook one up yourself. I myself use spectral DNC and its included in the ingredients(but also minoxidil). DS new revita shampoo thats comming out soon will also include it.

Strange Days

Reaction score
I imagine it would work well in conjunction with minoxidil. Procyanidins are potent anti-inflammatory/anti-oxidants.

A quality grape seed extract is easy to find but I can't find an apple/procyandin extract, other than the expensive Applepoly.

Procyanidin B2 is also found in cacao beans, heh.

crespo

Reaction score
A quality grape seed extract is easy to find but I can't find an apple/procyandin extract, other than the expensive Applepoly.

um, as i mentioned before, swansons has a relatively cheap product (though I'm not sure how htis compares with the applepoly product as the poly site doesn't list the active ingredients...anyone know??).
I think it's beyondacentury.com that has cheap apple poly as well. I havne't looked into that one as they don't ship outside usa.

Strange Days

Reaction score
crespo said:

um, as i mentioned before, swansons has a relatively cheap product (though I'm not sure how htis compares with the applepoly product as the poly site doesn't list the active ingredients...anyone know??).
I think it's beyondacentury.com that has cheap apple poly as well. I havne't looked into that one as they don't ship outside usa.

Is this the one @ Swansons?. Seems good as they're using 'Applephenon' from Japan which was used in actual studies.

So

Established Member
Reaction score
Strange Days said:
Is this the one @ Swansons?. Seems good as they're using 'Applephenon' from Japan which was used in actual studies.

It would be interesting for someone to try Swanson's brand as I am trying Apple Poly's brand. As a comparison I think the data would be good!

However the Swanson brand as you list is only 125mg where as the required dose as outlined by Apple Poly for their booster capsules is 1000mg.

You would need to take 8 capsules per day from a bottle containing 60 capsules which would get you 7.5 days in total as opposed to Apple Poly's bottle getting you a full 30 days from 60 capsules at 500mg each.

It's worthwhile to mention that Swanson's recommend daily dose is 125mg whilst that may be ok for supplementary uses in diet, for hair loss, we need to measure it on par with that of Apple Poly.

Apple Poly Booster Capsules 1 month supply = $39.95
Swansons Ultra Maximum Strength Apple Polyphenols 1 month supply = 30 / 7.5 = 4 x $11.99 = $47.96

So

Established Member
Reaction score
Strange Days said:

It would be interesting for someone to try Swanson's brand as I am trying Apple Poly's brand. As a comparison I think the data would be good!

However the Swanson brand as you list is only 125mg where as the required dose as outlined by Apple Poly for their booster capsules is 1000mg.

You would need to take 8 capsules per day from a bottle containing 60 capsules which would get you 7.5 days in total as opposed to Apple Poly's bottle getting you a full 30 days from 60 capsules at 500mg each.

It's worthwhile to mention that Swanson's recommend daily dose is 1x 125mg whilst that may be ok for supplementary uses in diet, for hair loss, we need to measure it on par with that of Apple Poly.

Apple Poly Booster Capsules 1 month supply = $39.95
Swansons Ultra Maximum Strength Apple Polyphenols 1 month supply = 30 / 7.5 = 4 x $11.99 = $47.96

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
So what is better, the capsules or topical? The article doesn't say which method was used in the trials. I think this may be worth a try

crespo

Reaction score
oh dear. I was getting excited about the cheaper swnasons product :cry:

I asked this in another thread, so forgive me if you read this twice, but does the spray have the concentration of polyphenols in it?

I was under the impression that the spray was more important....at least, that seems to be the way they market it.

So

Established Member
Reaction score
Ask David from Apple Poly, david@applepoly.com

He is pretty responsive....

The spray does seem like the prominent figure product. I would say both are complimentary and would work synergistically with one another.

However I am not a BIG fan of topical solutions as I believe most of what ails us needs to be handled from the inside out and not the outside in. A topical solution in my eyes is merely a "clean up" measure prohibiting any further damage left/caused by excess growth inhibitors and their subsequent pathways that internal supplements do not catch.

Oh, and yeah it's a shame about the Swanson's deal hey? One would think there would be a cheaper alternative.

My concern is purity.

crespo

Reaction score
So, thanks for the email.

For those who are intersted, I wrote him regarding the topical formula and here's what he had to say.

"The formula is designed to deliver 21 mg. of total apple procyanidins (approximately 70% B-2) per application, equivalent to the laboratory formula in the latest clinical trial."

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm tempted to try the apple polly, but the website applepolly.com looks really shady. The rhetoric on the site sounds very gimmicky. The "special report" claim that there are "30 proven methods for stimulating hair growth" which sounds like a lot of BS . I was prepared to buy the apple poly until I went to their site. Take a look at the link below and let me know what you guys think.

http://www.applepoly.com/2007/0/

CCS

Reaction score

So

Established Member
Reaction score
The applepoly.com website is typical sales-copy. It is a traditional Internet marketing format with the centered long body of text with testimonials, images, key word highlights in yellow, the authors signature, bonus products and a money back guarantee.

Sites like this are a dime-a-dozen and you know what? They work, for the most part.

I work in SEO and IM on a daily basis so sites like this stick out like a sore thumb and even though I have come across many sites that are a spitting image of applepoly.com I still shelled out the money.

Why?

To dispel the doubt surrounding the product.

Despite applepoly.com's heavy sales-copy push, the product may actually be worth it's weight.

If a product is GOOD, then irrespective of the sales-copy (delivery), it will sell. Sometimes you need to look beyond...

Optimist, I suggest you wait and see how I fair with the product before ordering. Like I said if Apple Poly actually works for me by at the very least slowing or halting my loss then I am certain it will work for anyone because my rate of loss is phenomenally aggressive so only the real deal stand a chance.