Topical NO2 as a hairloss/impotence treatment: US Patent

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
that's my regimen exactly:)
finasteride and fluridil plus apple poly. My hair loss stopped cold and I see improvements every month.

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
michael barry said:
My personal opinion is that in some of us, DHT slows hair growth and an overabundance of one or two of the negative cytokines get the immune system to react to the hair as a foreign body, and the immuno attack and the natural effect of Testosterone on skin ages the area of the follicle and the dermis pretty badly. But we know spironolactone helps slow baldness (Bryan has a picture), and Ive seen three pictures of fluridil regrowth (one on a buzz cut that is pretty impressive)-----so we can say with certainty that just inhibiting androgen uptake at the receptor apparently keeps the downstream bad things from happening. Whats not to like about that except for the general pain-in-the-butt of having to deal with a topical?

I have no argument that inhibiting the androgen side of things would stop the downstream bad things from happening. Its just for many of us doing that reliably without destroying our ability to function in other areas of our lives seems almost impossible. Though I hope thats not the case and thats wwhy the whole locally active topical antiandrogen is such a holy grail for many.

Here is a little pub med on fluridil, a receptor blocker designed to degrade in water and that showed no side effects or absorption, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entre ... stractPlus

Here are some pics, http://www.menspharma.com/results.htm
The first and third one are impressive to me. The third one shows frontal regrowth, which is damn hard to get. But maintenance from fluridil would seem pretty damn likely based on that.......................................and it just blocks or downregs the human androgen receptor. Someone adding finasteride on top of it might really see some impressive results over a few years.

Been on the fluridil path. Stopped taking finasteride a year or so ago to go on a fluridil only regimen. 2 months later and I was shedding bigtime. Topical dutasteride stopped that shedding literally overnight so I dont think it was a good shed. But it gave me back the same kind of sides I got from finasteride. I am now trying something similar but with a little bit of everything topical - a few antiandrogens, nizoral, dutasteride, minoxidil......its only been a month since i dropped the finasteride so its too early to say how well it works.
hh

michael barry

Reaction score
Good luck with finding an anti-androgen that doesnt give you any negative effects.

Fluridil irritates alot of guys scalps and dries it out.

Im still on finas and prox, but lately Ive tried various topical anti-androgens and have read about alot of them.

Right now, nosy as I am, Im putting a little beta sitosterol in my shampoo. I drain a beta sis capsule right onto some shampoo in my palm, mix it up-----shampoo and leave in for a few minutes. Im putting it on the left side of my chin also.

I want to find a topical anti-androgen I can add to finas. I really would rather not have to pay for any more "stuff" though. Finas and prox cost "enough". I would feel almost guilty springing for fifty bucks a month on my hair. It would seem excessive. Ive tried alot of things to see if they would anti-androgenically reduce body hair in various places. Pine oil (18% beta sis) did some, revivogen did quite well on one wrist, peppermint oil/water did on my chin. Crinagen didn't do much at all, nizoral actually got my left wrist hairier, and lavendar oil actually made my toe hair hairier (much to my suprise).

There is something that has troubled me about menthol, and its in alpecins research. In isolated ex vivo hair tests (hair in a test tube), caffeine completely cancelled the effect of testosterone, but alpecin applied------keratinocyte activity was still slower than controls. I think menthol (or something therein) might slow down keratinocyte cell division. Its the only thing I can think of that would do that. Topical caffeine will be absorbed much more quickly without the menthol, which makes it release slow---I read an paper about that online. Makes me think Bryan might have had a point about "something" in menthol that might slow hair growth. Keratinocyte cell division will make the hair shafts thicker. I keep looking for a spironolactone alternative "up there" that isn't greasy or inflammatory (revivogen is both), and that doesnt inhibit VEGF or natural angiogenesis. I may never find one........

There are a couple of pretty darn good new proxiphen regrowth pics if you have a bunch of dough to spend on hair...................its at proctor's site. You'd think some drug company could syntheisize and alpha five inhibitor to put with RU58841 that could be sprayed on right after the shower that didn't get systemically absorbed, smell bad, and had an alcohol base............................but it just isn't happening. Ah, hair.......................................

I hope you have success Harold, and I do think that ROS definetely hurts hair and ages the dermis and scalp also...............but I think male hormone and the downstream byproducts of its uptake are what get that started. I hope cloning comes along and gives us all our old thickness back. Did you see that pic of Rudy Guiliani with a full head of hair? Egad, he must be sick. He had as much as I did when I was a lad. Now the guy is a cueball. Hairloss sucks.

indie85

Established Member
Reaction score
michael barry said:
I hope you have success Harold, and I do think that ROS definetely hurts hair and ages the dermis and scalp also...............but I think male hormone and the downstream byproducts of its uptake are what get that started. I hope cloning comes along and gives us all our old thickness back. Did you see that pic of Rudy Guiliani with a full head of hair? Egad, he must be sick. He had as much as I did when I was a lad. Now the guy is a cueball. Hairloss sucks.
Yep, I had Elvis hair in school too, infact my nickname was 'elvis', and 'italian stallion'. I thought it was gradual loss, but really that was just the temples and they didnt go back that far. When it really hit I knew about it, total minaturisation at the top, thinning and receeding at temples all very quick (from thick elvis hair to like a diffuse norwood 3 in 2 years), massive shock. I knew I'd end up a cueball in very quick order as my next oldest brother went totally bald around the same time (21/22), but finasteride has reversed the minaturisation and, thinning to some extent, rogaine has given me back some kind of hair line (all touchwood) with progress ongoing (touchwood).

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
michael barry said:
Good luck with finding an anti-androgen that doesnt give you any negative effects.

Fluridil irritates alot of guys scalps and dries it out.

Im still on finas and prox, but lately Ive tried various topical anti-androgens and have read about alot of them.

Right now, nosy as I am, Im putting a little beta sitosterol in my shampoo. I drain a beta sis capsule right onto some shampoo in my palm, mix it up-----shampoo and leave in for a few minutes. Im putting it on the left side of my chin also.

I want to find a topical anti-androgen I can add to finas. I really would rather not have to pay for any more "stuff" though. Finas and prox cost "enough". I would feel almost guilty springing for fifty bucks a month on my hair. It would seem excessive. Ive tried alot of things to see if they would anti-androgenically reduce body hair in various places. Pine oil (18% beta sis) did some, revivogen did quite well on one wrist, peppermint oil/water did on my chin. Crinagen didn't do much at all, nizoral actually got my left wrist hairier, and lavendar oil actually made my toe hair hairier (much to my suprise).

There are a couple of pretty darn good new proxiphen regrowth pics if you have a bunch of dough to spend on hair...................its at proctor's site. You'd think some drug company could syntheisize and alpha five inhibitor to put with RU58841 that could be sprayed on right after the shower that didn't get systemically absorbed, smell bad, and had an alcohol base............................but it just isn't happening. Ah, hair.......................................

Am mucking around with some stuff now and actually want to order some cheap(er) generic bicalutamide to play around with. Its too early atm to say what is happening with me for sure "post-finasteride" but I will definitely let you all know.

I hope you have success Harold, and I do think that ROS definetely hurts hair and ages the dermis and scalp also...............but I think male hormone and the downstream byproducts of its uptake are what get that started.

Absolutely. The way I feel about ROS and male pattern baldness is pretty much like the role of ROS in UV radiation photoaging of skin. You can prevent/ameliorate a fair bit of the damage caused by sun exposure to the skin with topical antioxidants. Lets say 80-90% for arguments sake. However if you stay out of the sun in the first place then you avoid that ROS generating radiation in the first place and you dont have to worry about the 10-20% of damage that antioxidants don't "mop up" for you. In the same way if topical antioxidants do help hairloss thenyou are almot certainly going to be better off if you could stop the generation of ROS in the first place by stopping DHT from doing its thing. The only upsides to an antioxidant based approach might be that they could not conceivably cause sexual sides and IF you could get the male pattern baldness thing under control such that it was not a factor at all then you might have even better hair in the longterm as they could theoretically keep your hair and scalp in a somewhat younger condition as you age.

I hope cloning comes along and gives us all our old thickness back. Did you see that pic of Rudy Guiliani with a full head of hair? Egad, he must be sick. He had as much as I did when I was a lad. Now the guy is a cueball. Hairloss sucks.

Never saw it. Did find this on Wikipedia
"Thadeus Stevens, famed 19th century U.S. Congressman and abolitionist, was known for his humor and wit. On one occasion while in the Capitol, a woman requested a lock of his hair (collecting locks of hair was common at this time). Since he was bald and wearing a toupée, he ripped it off and gave it to her."
I wish I could be that confident and uncaring about hairloss! They even have a picture of him and you can see the difference the toupee made in his appearance. Seemed like a real cool guy for what its worth.
hh

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
funny i asked if NO2 would work as a topical months ago.. hmm

avillax

Reaction score
I used oral NO2 that I bought for the gym. It seems that L-arginine can cause severe insomnia in some people including myself, I took the pills for like 10 days and in that period I barely got some sleep. Stop taking it, and after 2 days I was ok again. My bet is that at least 30% of people trying this orally, would develop insomnia.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
avillax said:
It seems that L-arginine can cause severe insomnia in some people including myself, I took the pills for like 10 days and in that period I barely got some sleep. Stop taking it, and after 2 days I was ok again. My bet is that at least 30% of people trying this orally, would develop insomnia.

I have never EVER heard such a claim until this very moment, and I've been reading about oral arginine supplements for years, and I've also had personal experience with them.