Topical minoxidil effect on blood pressure.

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how topical minoxidil may affect blood pressure. Would it lower it or raise it?

I know that it's prescribed in pill form for those with high blood pressure, so i assume that it will lower it. Is that correct?

Just curious because i think it actually raised my blood pressure a bit instead...

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
Lower.

But the odds of it actually doing that from topical application is TINY.

There is no way it raised your blood pressure. You may have higher blood pressure than you used to, but you can't attribute it to minoxidil.

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe you're right. I have been gaining weight recently. Been gaining weight even before i started minoxidil. Maybe the weight gain has something to do with the higher BP.

knowingyou

Established Member
Reaction score
jksl said:
I was wondering how topical minoxidil may affect blood pressure. Would it lower it or raise it?

I know that it's prescribed in pill form for those with high blood pressure, so i assume that it will lower it. Is that correct?

Just curious because i think it actually raised my blood pressure a bit instead...[/quote

It lowered my BP when I used 15% minoxidil, I have meansured it before and after I used 15% minoxidil. It was too much for me so I changed it back to 10% minoxidil.