Topical Min in conjuction with Oral

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score
Always used topical minoxidil, was a responder, I want to try adding in 2.5mg of oral to test for sides for a month, without stopping the topical, my question is, this won't cause a shed right? Because I have been on topical for like 3 years I don't see how upping the dosage in my blood would cause a massive dread shed otherwise increasing the dosage on my scalp would also do the same, and I have never heard of anyone saying using too much minoxidil put them into a random shed.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Always used topical minoxidil, was a responder, I want to try adding in 2.5mg of oral to test for sides for a month, without stopping the topical, my question is, this won't cause a shed right? Because I have been on topical for like 3 years I don't see how upping the dosage in my blood would cause a massive dread shed otherwise increasing the dosage on my scalp would also do the same, and I have never heard of anyone saying using too much minoxidil put them into a random shed.
i had a shed after switching to oral...
also thought that doesnt make sense, but i had one...

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score
i had a shed after switching to oral...
also thought that doesnt make sense, but i had one...
Did you do a cold turkey swap, like just dropped topical?

- what was your dosage
- how bad/how long was the shed?
- how long had to been on topical prior?

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah cold turkey... topical didnt do anything for me...
kirkland did, but also gave me rashes, so i had to stop and get a different topical...

cant remember how long the shed was, because it doesnt really matter as long as it is going to get better in the long run...

been on topical for about 3 years prior i think...

Mask of Sanity

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on topical once a day since 2014. Month ago switched to foam in the morning and 2.5mg oral in the evening. Have not experienced any crazy shedding. Actually shedding is almost nonexistent now. Also started Fluridil two months ago.

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on topical once a day since 2014. Month ago switched to foam in the morning and 2.5mg oral in the evening. Have not experienced any crazy shedding. Actually shedding is almost nonexistent now. Also started Fluridil two months ago.

Does it matter when you take the pill?

I was thinking of maintaing twice topical, and my pill at night?

Mask of Sanity

My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt it matters. And you should be fine with once a day topical, but if applying twice does not bother you that much then great.

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt it matters. And you should be fine with once a day topical, but if applying twice does not bother you that much then great.

Just a few questions :(

- did you intitally get good results from topical? I assume you did otherwise you wouldnt' use it for so long
- Do you know if the pill's half life/saturation level is shorter than the foam etc? I.e. why do ppl take it once a day and not twice?

Mask of Sanity

My Regimen
Reaction score
Got decent results, but the crown is still visible and hairline can be better. Want to see if systemic minoxidil can push it further.
Unfortunately I don’t have any scientific facts for you. Mostly I have read other peoples anecdotes and also tried twice a day application for a prolonged amount of time and didn’t see any difference. Came to conclusion that once a day topical is good enough.
Also I dermaroll once a week. I used to apply topical minoxidil one hour after dermaroll session and after about two months my body hair thickened and scalp hair also improved, but every time my blood pressure would decrease and it was not pleasant. I stopped applying topical minoxidil the day I dermaroll and body hair went back to normal thickness. Scalp hair did not get worse though.
That’s why I decided to add oral minoxidil. 2.5mg does not give any sides to me. Will see how effective it is.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Got decent results, but the crown is still visible and hairline can be better. Want to see if systemic minoxidil can push it further.
Unfortunately I don’t have any scientific facts for you. Mostly I have read other peoples anecdotes and also tried twice a day application for a prolonged amount of time and didn’t see any difference. Came to conclusion that once a day topical is good enough.
Also I dermaroll once a week. I used to apply topical minoxidil one hour after dermaroll session and after about two months my body hair thickened and scalp hair also improved, but every time my blood pressure would decrease and it was not pleasant. I stopped applying topical minoxidil the day I dermaroll and body hair went back to normal thickness. Scalp hair did not get worse though.
That’s why I decided to add oral minoxidil. 2.5mg does not give any sides to me. Will see how effective it is.
similar issues here... somehow the hairline (or whats left of it) is way better now, but at the crown topical didnt seem to work...

i was on normal kirkland for two month when i started and was allergic to it, or whatever...
so i got alcohol free minoxidil (7%), but that didnt do anything... after about two years i started oral...

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
similar issues here... somehow the hairline (or whats left of it) is way better now, but at the crown topical didnt seem to work...

i was on normal kirkland for two month when i started and was allergic to it, or whatever...
so i got alcohol free minoxidil (7%), but that didnt do anything... after about two years i started oral...
what is the brand of your alcohol free minoxidil? And good for you if you handle the hypertrichosis from oral man...

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
what is the brand of your alcohol free minoxidil? And good for you if you handle the hypertrichosis from oral man...
that was “regrowth labs”... they do have a homepage and stock like everything from 5% to 15% i think...

potatopirate

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you honestly need to use oral minoxidil? How bald are you?
more so convience, the foam is a nightmare to put when u have curly hair, and the liquid makes my hair look oily, neither of them are convient to use, and if the pill is stronger I dont see why using it would be bad, assuming no sides

King Norwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
il m'aggresse ce zinzolax
oral minoxidil has impaired ur speech centre in ur brain.
U are speaking gibberish.
But seriously tho, get help man. U been asking the same damn question for months. Everybody gave u the answer but it doesn't satisfy u so u repeat it like a broken record