Topical metformin 10 percent new study!

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mainly because I wanted to warn people about potential issues taking metformin, and also that it has multiple advantages when curbing hormonal hairloss, but I think I was pretty clear about that in my initial post.

There have been a number of people who have not had luck with conventional hairloss remedies because other hormones were causing that loss, mainly insulin, IGF-1 and DHEA excess.

Metformin helps lower those hormones circulating in the body, just be careful, many doctors in the past didn't warn their patients that it would deplete you of b12, it's a bit more common knowledge now but the last thing somebody needs who is stressed out and desperate to curb hair loss is to run into a complication that causes them to lose more hair.

Simply put, I am sympathetic to people who are losing their hair, I've been in a really bad spot for hair loss twice now, and I want to make sure people have the information they need to turn things in a favorable direction. I got lucky with mine, twice, other people might not be so lucky and they need help. I'm here to help those people.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mainly because I wanted to warn people about potential issues taking metformin, and also that it has multiple advantages when curbing hormonal hairloss, but I think I was pretty clear about that in my initial post.

There have been a number of people who have not had luck with conventional hairloss remedies because other hormones were causing that loss, mainly insulin, IGF-1 and DHEA excess.

Metformin helps lower those hormones circulating in the body, just be careful, many doctors in the past didn't warn their patients that it would deplete you of b12, it's a bit more common knowledge now but the last thing somebody needs who is stressed out and desperate to curb hair loss is to run into a complication that causes them to lose more hair.

Simply put, I am sympathetic to people who are losing their hair, I've been in a really bad spot for hair loss twice now, and I want to make sure people have the information they need to turn things in a favorable direction. I got lucky with mine, twice, other people might not be so lucky and they need help. I'm here to help those people.
Can you expand on your comment about IGF-1? What’s a solution to that if you don’t mind me asking?

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Metformin lowers it, that's what I'm trying to say.

All three of those hormones, metformin will lower them.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I say that because metformin accelerates your body's usage of b12 and many people, don't have the proper stomach conditions to appropriately make use of regular sh*t b12 supplements you see in a drugstore.

The alternative is methylcobalamin, which is the methlyated and readily absorbable variant of b12 which you can take orally, but it's not the kind of b12 you find in sh*t supplements.

I have had pernicious anaemia, so I had to have regular b12 injections before I was on metformin, another benefit to b12 injections is that it is absorbed into your body and used as it is needed.

But either way, metformin use without supplementing b12 will induce deficiency for most people. Just don't buy the cheapest garbage b12 supplement and then complain that your hair is still falling out because unless it is pre-processed to be as easily used by your body as possible, you're going to have problems.

The b12 you find in most multivitamins is absolute garbage.