Topical Melatonin for Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
I use to read pubmed looking for the next breakthrough studies and stalk these forums looking for the next “cure”, but none of these truly work. And I’ve made my own topical etc based of these studies And recs and they did not make a noticeable difference to my HairLoss or growth. My advice Use minoxidil and start saving for the hair transplant. Not recommending finasteride Bc of the potential side effects that are sometimes irreversible. That is all we have for now.

honestly I took a break from the forum for 5 years and it’s like ppl are still discussing these same alternative treatments that were being discussed years ago. It’s like a broken record. Should honestly be spending your time researching a good hair loss clinic. It’s a better use of your time

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use to read pubmed looking for the next breakthrough studies and stalk these forums looking for the next “cure”, but none of these truly work. And I’ve made my own topical etc based of these studies And recs and they did not make a noticeable difference to my HairLoss or growth. My advice Use minoxidil and start saving for the hair transplant. Not recommending finasteride Bc of the potential side effects that are sometimes irreversible. That is all we have for now.

honestly I took a break from the forum for 5 years and it’s like ppl are still discussing these same alternative treatments that were being discussed years ago. It’s like a broken record. Should honestly be spending your time researching a good hair loss clinic. It’s a better use of your time

Nobody tried melatonin 5 years ago

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From the studies that I have read, Melatonin seems to be better at preventing hairs from falling out than regrowing new hairs.

It is suspected that Melatonin re-sets the hair into the anagen phase.

I am wondering whether such an effect may help with AA users who experience massive sheds upon initiation of AA or min treatments.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@BigPapaYoMama

Would you mind to link me one of these massagers? I am not sure I've found the one you meant.

I wonder if this one would be fine https://www.amazon.co.uk/Electric-Removable-Attachments-Stimulating-Waterproof/dp/B07NWBQPNS
These are more versatile and it runs on mains as the Brits say and it serves many different massage purposes and goals. Vroom she says... But get the one with only two speeds. 8 is too many options so to speak.

dutasteridenonresponder

My Regimen
Reaction score

Were people discussing things like topical hydroxyflutamide, CB 03 01, microdosing Bicalutamide, and PGE2?

not trying to be a smartass just curious

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

It won't work for a huge percentage of us. Been there, done that. You need only small temple recession for success or incredibly high unaffected fringe hair of juvenile quality for transplants or they look like hell. Even proponents like Capone point out the awful mistakes as implemented. The grafts in my case still itch 25 years later everywhere, fringe and scalp point and you have to use fringe and probably microneedling to maintain. Most of my cobblestoned plugs didn't lie flat which is the meaning of the term and my comb would catch on them and the fringe scar tissue and it would hurt and only microneedling has saved me from that along with retin-A. Collagen removal is the new transplant in terms of being much, much closer to full restoration than shitty transplants. A very few get amazing results but probably not YOU. This is what I tell MtF's about breast growth. Some get it but on most, it is not apparent through clothing so most them get implants especially those who are broader.

janey

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd like to add melatonin to a copper peptide solution. I have melatonin pills which I take prior to sleeping but I'm guessing that the pills contain fillers and hence would not be optimal for a topical.

Any suggestions?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd like to add melatonin to a copper peptide solution. I have melatonin pills which I take prior to sleeping but I'm guessing that the pills contain fillers and hence would not be optimal for a topical.

Any suggestions?
Sounds like work compared to taking a pill which I have right here, 10mg.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Any suggestions?
You can buy Raw melatonine, easy, cheap. I dump raw melatonine in my minoxidil since 3-4 years, maybe more.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is it working ?
Stop dreaming lol. There is no "working" stuff instead of minoxidil, Dutasteride, Finasteride, RU....
I didn't saw any benefits after melatonine. Stop dreaming and use the right things.

Last edited:

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
Stop dreaming lol. There is no "working" stuff instead of minoxidil, Dutasteride, Finasteride, RU....
I didn't saw any benefits after melatonine. Stop dreaming and use the right things.
By asking is how I got the right things ?

nyhair19

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there anything comparing oral to topical? I heard on a podcast that when they (the neuroscientist being interviewed) tested the effects of melatonin on hamsters, the males greatly reduced their testosterone levels and I think there were some dramatic effects in the females as well. In any case, wouldn't oral be much more effective than topical? I've been taking melatonin for a few years before bed for sleep problems.