Topical Liposomal Finasteride, Impressive Results

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
topical finasteride doesn't seem to make much sense to me because in order for finasteride to work it MUST go systemic. 5ar2 isnt located exclusively in the scalp, so how would liposomes (which would be suspended in the scalp) prevent the conversion of T->DHT elsewhere in the body, from then circulating up into the scalp and triggering whatever cascade that is responsible for male pattern baldness. Obviously this is a huge oversimplification but i cannot get past it.

I also remember reading that the liposomal delivery would cut systemic absorption down to about 5%, which isn't trivial considering that finasterides dose response curve is nearly flat. So if you are applying 1MG topically daily, you are still getting ~.05MG systemic absorption which is like 70-90% as effective as 5MG.

I'd need to see a few things to be convinced (by a person using the liposomal finasteride product)

1) he has suffered from finasteride related side effects in the past
2) he can demonstrate a high% dht inhibition on scalp tissue (through valid tests)
3) he can demonstrate a low% dht inhibition in serum (through valid tests)
4) he is having results from treatment (duh)
5) he is no longer having any side effects from treatment.

I don't see anyway around this, i do think it's just a cash grab preying on wishful thinkers.

Would love to hear some arguments.

Last edited:
Reactions: WMQ

strandman

My Regimen
Reaction score
topical finasteride doesn't seem to make much sense to me because in order for finasteride to work it MUST go systemic. 5ar2 isnt located exclusively in the scalp, so how would liposomes (which would be suspended in the scalp) prevent the conversion of T->DHT elsewhere in the body, from then circulating up into the scalp and triggering whatever cascade that is responsible for male pattern baldness. Obviously this is a huge oversimplification but i cannot get past it.

I also remember reading that the liposomal delivery would cut systemic absorption down to about 5%, which isn't trivial considering that finasterides dose response curve is nearly flat. So if you are applying 1MG topically daily, you are still getting ~.05MG systemic absorption which is like 70-90% as effective as 5MG.

I'd need to see a few things to be convinced (by a person using the liposomal finasteride product)

1) he has suffered from finasteride related side effects in the past
2) he can demonstrate a high% dht inhibition on scalp tissue (through valid tests)
3) he can demonstrate a low% dht inhibition in serum (through valid tests)
4) he is having results from treatment (duh)
5) he is no longer having any side effects from treatment.

DHT is an autocrine hormone, so it docks to the local AR it was synthesized at.

I don't see anyway around this, i do think it's just a cash grab preying on wishful thinkers.

Would love to hear some arguments.

DHT is an autocrine hormone, so it docks to the local AR it was synthesized at.