Topical Flutamide v. Topical Spiroactalone

Felk

Reaction score
Slowing down seems like a good plan College :) You're averaging over 20 posts per day, I believe, and they're huge! We all appreciate your knowledge and input, but sometimes we need to check ourselves before we make conclusions. However I mean no offence, of course :)

Bryan said:
collegechemistrystudent said:
OK, I'll slow down. I just told a bunch a bunch of bald men I know there may be a drug that can grow back their hair.

My god...were you referring to RU58841?? I would never EVER characterize it that way to anyone, since it's just an antiandrogen. True, all indications are that it's a very good one, but nevertheless it's still just an antiandrogen. It should be recommended as something to help slow or stop further balding. If it actually regrows any hair on anybody, that should be considered a bonus.

Bryan

Bryan, with your extensive experience over at hairsite.com, where many posters have experimented with RU from Faith Eagle in the past, what was your impression of it all? Do you believe it varied in "freshness" as "maneless" once claimed, or do you think it could have been the real deal?

I emailed maneless a week or so ago at the email address he posted once at hairsite, but he hasn't replied yet.

It's annoying, as RU is potentially the best treatment out there for male pattern baldness, but there is no real product containing it, we have to try our luck with mixing our own products from expensive chemicals from China!

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, we have to decide on a vehicle that will saturate the scalp somehow. i hope it does not have the same problems as finasteride. it seems every drug has its own absorption rate and it is different in every vehicle and hard to make predictions. i think the 50-50 alcohol and propylene glycol is a good bet.

if we are using spironolactone and this other stuff, does that mean i don't need nizoral anymore, except for inflamation? Or do my sides need it? how strong is the active ingredient anyway? I guess even if I knew the strength, I'd need to know how good the vehicle is, especially at 5 minutes. 7 oz is 14 tbsp is $1 per use, or 50 cents if you use a tsp. if my scalp does not feel inflamed, do I need nizoral? would copper peptides do the same? i could get some folligen for the price of nizoral. should I use one tea spoon once a week to be safe?

Felk

Reaction score
A guy from the company that makes it gives you a method of mixing it he said, along with some advise from people who had success with it. hzowense2003@yahoo.com.cn is his address, email him, he is very helpful.

I say nizoral isn't strictly necessary. But its easy and useful, and the 1% is pretty cheap over here (australia). Mainly because it lathers so well and I use so much less in comparison to a normal shampoo.

If price is a problem, unitedpharmacies have a generic keta 2% shampoo for half the price of nizoral 2%. Im sure if you sniff around, you could find a dirt cheap one, especially if you order a few bottles...

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Felk said:
Bryan, with your extensive experience over at hairsite.com, where many posters have experimented with RU from Faith Eagle in the past, what was your impression of it all? Do you believe it varied in "freshness" as "maneless" once claimed, or do you think it could have been the real deal?

I was openly scornful of the "freshness" theory that some of those guys were pushing. Without serious evidence to support that notion (keep in mind that they did have a sample tested at a major University, and it passed with flying colors), I think it was just a lot of paranoid rationalization by impatient balding guys. "Oh my god!! I've been using this expensive RU for two whole months, and I _still_ don't see any results! This stuff must have gone bad!! Oh, the HORROR!!!" :D :D :D

Bryan

CCS

Reaction score
if I recall, the guy with the biggest complaint kept opening and closing his every few days. so maybe HIS went bad because he kept exposing the bottle to the air all the time while it was concentrated enough to coagulate. If you keep it sealed, I think you will be fine, and you don't need all those extra bottles inside bottles. i might buy some drying sand to put in the bottom of a bottle, and will put the main bottle inside a bottle, but if you prepair a month supply in liquid, i think it will last the whole month. though maybe I'll make it 2 weeks at a time.

Felk

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Felk said:

I was openly scornful of the "freshness" theory that some of those guys were pushing. Without serious evidence to support that notion (keep in mind that they did have a sample tested at a major University, and it passed with flying colors), I think it was just a lot of paranoid rationalization by impatient balding guys. "Oh my god!! I've been using this expensive RU for two whole months, and I _still_ don't see any results! This stuff must have gone bad!! Oh, the HORROR!!!" :D :D :D

Bryan

Hahaha, nice :) That's it, i'm trying it out...

CCS

Reaction score
i don't know... techprofessor keeps telling all the newbee's that topical anti-androgens are not needed for regrowing even the temples as long as they are on propecia. He's been getting after me for my fluridil, spironolactone, or RU advice.

My plan is to use RU for 6 months, then use up my fluridil and maybe take that survey to get a bit more, finishing out a year, and then just use homemade spironolactone cream in my temples after that and see if prox-n and the rest of my cocktail maintains what I got. i'm just trying to decide what kind of jar is the most air tight, and where I can buy some descicator sand.

Felk, will you buy ppg or use your minoxidil or what? I should buy it now and figure that out later, since it will take a while to get here.

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, I just use nizoral as a cheap way to give my Norwood 6 area an added boost, which may be all it needs. i doubt nizoral does much more for the other areas if one is using RU. I'm using nizoral every day right now until my spironolactone arrives. I know in trials the 2% did just as well as the 1%, but that is without propecia. I think the distribution of sensitivities may be such that it did not make a difference, but I think it would make a difference in the NW6 area. It seems like the 1% does not get cheaper than $15, but the expensive 2% does get cheaper at different sites. if i can get the 2% at least as cheap as the 1%, i'm going to get it and just using in on my nw6 area every other day, and use in on top once a weak just in case inflamation starts. thanks for the info, Felk

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, I just use nizoral as a cheap way to give my Norwood 6 area an added boost, which may be all it needs. i doubt nizoral does much more for the other areas if one is using RU. I'm using nizoral every day right now until my spironolactone arrives. I know in trials the 2% did just as well as the 1%, but that is without propecia. I think the distribution of sensitivities may be such that it did not make a difference, but I think it would make a difference in the NW6 area. It seems like the 1% does not get cheaper than $15, but the expensive 2% does get cheaper at different sites. if i can get the 2% at least as cheap as the 1%, i'm going to get it and just using in on my nw6 area every other day, and use in on top once a weak just in case inflamation starts. thanks for the info, Felk.

amazing how much time we spend on finding the cure while other guys are out living their lives. too bad we can't just post this somewhere, but "it is not FDA approved" and "it is not in the literature" and avacore would put an ad right next to it. i did a google search for one of my posts and got no results, telling me that google.com is weak or only finds paying sites.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
I think he's "getting on you" because your advice of late seems to be directed at mimicking your regimen - even though you've not proven it to be worthwhile....and in many cases, you have just started or are about to start the things you're recommending. I know there's data out there that may in some cases show some of the components' effectiveness, but in practice a lot of these things haven't yet made the cut.

Kudos for experimenting, but I think it premature to advise others to follow.

CCS

Reaction score
I'm slightly apprehensive about the bank transfer, even though no one else had problems and Old Baldy gave the company two thumbs up. Since I have two checking accounts, one of which i've been meaning to close, I'm going to put $400 in one of them, tell that bank not to honor overdrafts, and then give that bank account number to the company.

Felk

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
I'm slightly apprehensive about the bank transfer, even though no one else had problems and Old Baldy gave the company two thumbs up. Since I have two checking accounts, one of which i've been meaning to close, I'm going to put $400 in one of them, tell that bank not to honor overdrafts, and then give that bank account number to the company.

They can't transfer any funds from your account, you make the transfer yourself, right?

Anyway, i'm more concerned about my bank people asking me why im transferring so much money to an obscure company in China... :roll:

Hopefully there's a way to do it which will avoid too many questions, as Im not sure how legal RU is. It's apparently fine to import, and no one gets in trouble as long as it's marked as for "personal research purposes" or something... but that probably assumes I am a scientist.

vovach777

Reaction score
spironolactone's half-life is 80min. what is means for topical usage?
if spironolactone bind to AR for 80min is can he stay on it after and how longer?

or can ask: if it sh*t life for 80min what the point for usage it?

vovach777

Reaction score
hey smart guys, do u heard about drospirenon?

drospirenon-wzor.jpg

This sh*t coming with estadiol in tablets.

Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drospirenone

30h half-life. It is modern version of spironolactone =)