Topical Finistride

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
This belongs in the Propecia / Finasteride forum.

HairLossTalk.com

Cassin

Reaction score
Thinning said:
Ive seen this start to appear online.

Anyone tried it with any success?

It gets systematically absorbed, that is why it works.

I have read several user accounts of people stating success without the sides they had on regular finasteride, somewhat of a positive placebo effect since most don't realize it is systematically absorbed.

ikaponthus

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Thinning said:
Ive seen this start to appear online.

Anyone tried it with any success?

It gets systematically absorbed, that is why it works.

I have read several user accounts of people stating success without the sides they had on regular finasteride, somewhat of a positive placebo effect since most don't realize it is systematically absorbed.

I read a study that said it worked well in female hiritism - I know that's spelt wrongly. Girls with facial hair rubbed it on their face and it worked aparantly. Can't find the study any more. :(

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll say it again for the umpteenth time: results from topical finasteride studies have been all over the map. Once it worked as desired (good local effects only, no systemic effects); once it didn't show any beneficial effects at all, although it was absorbed systemically to some degree; and once it showed no effect at all (no beneficial effect, no side-effects, no systemic absorption at all), even though it was applied in a strong alcoholic solution.

Topical finasteride needs to be tested a LOT more, before we can pin-down and explain all the mixed results in those smaller studies.

Bryan

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Den22 said:
So does anyone know where you can get it?

Save yourself about $100 (OK - really haven't looked up the price lately - but I know it used to be outrageous) and crush up 2 - 4 proscar tabs in a bottle of 5% minoxidil and have at it.