topical finasteride

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2014 Jul 30. [Epub ahead of print][/FONT]
[h=1][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]A novel finasteride 0.25% topical solution for androgenetic alopecia: pharmacokinetics and effects on plasma androgen levels in healthy male volunteers.[/FONT][/h][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Caserini M, Radicioni M, Leuratti C, Annoni O, Palmieri R.[/FONT]
[h=3][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Abstract[/FONT][/h][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Objective: Finasteride, a selective inhibitor of type 2 5-alpha reductase isoenzyme, inhibits the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and is indicated in the treatment of male androgenetic alopecia. The study objective was to evaluate a newly developed finasteride 0.25% topical solution in comparison to the marketed finasteride 1 mg tablet, with respect to finasteride pharmacokinetics and suppressive effects on plasma DHT. Methods: 24 healthy men with androgenetic alopecia were randomized in a single center, open-label, parallel-group, exploratory study, and received either multiple scalp applications of the topical solution b.i.d. or oral doses of the reference tablet o.d. for 7 days. Plasma finasteride, testosterone and DHT concentrations were determined. Results: After multiple doses, mean (± SD) finasteride Cmax and AUC00-t corresponded to 0.46 ± 0.28 ng/mL and 6.64 ± 7.50 ng/mL x h for the topical solution and to 6.86 ± 1.78 ng/mL and 57.93 ± 29.38 ng/mL x h for the tablet. Plasma DHT was reduced by ~ 68 - 75% with the topical solution and by ~ 62 - 72% with the tablet. No relevant changes occurred for plasma testosterone with either treatment. No clinically significant adverse events occurred. Conclusions: A strong and similar inhibition of plasma DHT was found after 1 week of treatment with the topical and tablet finasteride ormulations, albeit finasteride plasma exposure was significantly lower with the topical than with the oral product (p < 0.0001).[/FONT]

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
so in other words they do the exact same thing, except with oral finasteride you don't have to make a mess with your hair

IDW2BB

Established Member
Reaction score
So the delivery of finasteride or Duta is the next focus?

really?

Money is money I guess with BiG Pharm.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so in other words they do the exact same thing, except with oral finasteride you don't have to make a mess with your hair
i read somewhere that although plasma dht were reduced at the same level, the inhibition of dht in the scalp was more with topical finasteride which should produce better results. But yeah i hate using topicals, i hope if CB is released its easy to apply and smells good :p.