Topical finasteride

Dannie

Reaction score
I recall I read something about applying finasteride topically on this forum b4, but since I couldnt find anything on it now, I decided to start a new topic. So my questions are: how effective is it and how to make it? Thanx in advance.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Topical finasteride offers no benefits over oral finasteride. Studies have shown it becomes systematic, thereby negating any advantage of taking it over oral. One study even showed it did not even work as a topical.

Dannie

Reaction score
Then how it can become systematic if i doesnt work at all? Makes no sense to me. Thank you anyway.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
its a oral medicine that have to me diguested thru the stomack..
to have the effect so no puting it on youre head wont work.
It^s like some 1 where loosing hair against iron defeciency.. and crushing iron pills in water and aplying it on the hair/scalp .. doesnt work that way.
:D
But hey... you could try it 1 year and get back to us :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
You have to ask yourself this question:

Is the DHT that damages your follicles produced within the cell or external to it? Topical finasteride will work if the former is the case.. thus allowing the benefits of finasteride without the side effects.

I suspect it'll be a bit of both, thus topical finasteride will work but to a lessor degree.