Topical Finasteride - What Can I Use As A Solvent Instead Of Minoxidil?

Zacruz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m wondering what options I have for making topical Finasteride if I don’t want to use minoxidil. Would be great if it’s something cheap that can be bought at the pharmacy.

Will be using around 100mg of finasteride so that it lasts a while.

Last edited:

Cancervive

Reaction score
Do you have pure finasteride? Use 100mg of finasteride first dissolved in 50ml ethanol (200 proof), then add 30ml propylene glycol, and top off with about 20ml distilled water to make 100ml of a 1% solution. Put in a cobalt or amber glass bottle with dropper to protect from light.

Zacruz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have pure finasteride? Use 100mg of finasteride first dissolved in 50ml ethanol (200 proof), then add 30ml propylene glycol, and top off with about 20ml distilled water to make 100ml of a 1% solution. Put in a cobalt or amber glass bottle with dropper to protect from light.

thank you for the suggestions.

is the solution heat sensitive? I live in a very hot place. Temps of 104F/40C are not uncommon.

Cancervive

Reaction score
thank you for the suggestions.

is the solution heat sensitive? I live in a very hot place. Temps of 104F/40C are not uncommon.
"Store finasteride at room temperature between 59°F and 86°F (15°C and 30°C) in a tight, light resistant container."
You might have to keep refrigerated if your room temperatures exceed 30°C otherwise the finasteride may degrade and lose effectiveness.

HTH