Topical Finasteride side effects

clion1995

Reaction score
I've seen countless studies on the effectiveness of topical finasteride and they all look promising. Has anyone heard if topical finasteride has nearly as many sides as oral finasteride? Hasson and Wong have a pretty good deal going on for their solution. Just a little more expensive than minoxidil, but seems promising. I'd probably just be applying it to a small portion of my hairline. Do you guys think it goes systemic, and if it does, does it affect serum levels of DHT as much as oral finasteride?

brunobald

Reaction score
I have ordered some Hasson and Wong liposomal finasteride. Will let you know how I get on with it. It is meant to be a
Iipsomal formulation which improves drug delivery to the follicle by up to 7 Times compared to an alcoholic vehicle.

I am a little confused about the % of finasteride in the topical, maybe someone can look at my sums.

You get 30 ml in a bottle. So I plan to use 1ml per application. 1ml is equal to 1g?

2.5% of 1g is 25 mg of finasteride, which seems like a lot.

Especially when you consider the improved penetrative of liposomal vehicles and the fact that most other finasteride topicals are around 0.1% to 0.25%

clion1995

Reaction score
They don't send you the premade solution? Please keep me updated with sides and what not Bruno. I'm probably going to get some in May. I'm looking forward to it because it sounds very promising. I'm just confused though they don't tell you how to do all of this?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Maurizio_Caserini/publication/264392265_A_novel_finasteride_0.25_topical_solution_for_androgenetic_alopecia_pharmacokinetics_and_effects_on_plasma_androgen_levels_in_healthy_male_volunteers/links/544a26550cf2f6388084f69e.pdf

Results alittle confusing, but in their conclusion they state that they found the systemic effects of topical finasteride to be significantly lower than that of oral finasteride.

clion1995

Reaction score
You Skype them for a consultation so they can ensure you have male pattern baldness, then they just ship it to you.