Topical finasteride pubmed study

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's been much-discussed over the years. Unfortunately, in my opinion, the study wasn't rally designed well enough to prove conclusively that there wasn't any systemic absorption of the drug, and that the beneficial effect on the hair wasn't through that specific route (systemic absorption).

Bryan

michael barry

Reaction score
I know one thing.....it proves flutamide grows the hell out of hair. Wish one didnt damage their liver and get sides from that. It would be a RU that we already have, but every guy Ive seen on HLH other than just a couple say they have diarehha, naseau, limp noodle in just a couple of days of using the stuff.

That study didnt list the amount or duration either......almost as if it was a "quickie" study. That bothered me. I wish it would get studied again. You would think Merk would want to do this, so the guys afraid of the sex effects might give it a try.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
michael barry said:
I know one thing.....it proves flutamide grows the hell out of hair.

Huh?? Keep in mind those much-discussed "limitations of antiandrogen therapy". To say that flutamide "grows the hell out of hair" is quite an exaggeration, although I'm sure maneless would agree with it! :wink:

michael barry said:
That study didnt list the amount or duration either......almost as if it was a "quickie" study. That bothered me. I wish it would get studied again. You would think Merk would want to do this, so the guys afraid of the sex effects might give it a try.

Oh...I think the fact that there's been no published follow-up of that study over the last 6 years speaks volumes...

Bryan